Wish Phone Auth with Firebase

fbritop

Licensed User
Longtime User
First, in order not to duplicate this wish, this post is intended for both platforms iOS & Android.

We know that SMS Retriever exists, but in relies on a server sending the SMS (And the included costs), which for a few SMS has no implication, but when the Auth's are over 3K a month, the rates start increasing.

One wish would be to have the PhoneAuthProvider.verifyPhoneNumber feature from Firebase Auth into iOS and Android. Back in time I used the same client device to send the SMS, but nowadays there are policies which are very difficult for us to overcome against Google Play.

This Auth is documented at:
Android: https://firebase.google.com/docs/auth/android/phone-auth
iOS: https://firebase.google.com/docs/auth/ios/phone-auth

I think this library would help a lot for programmers which works with both platforms for the client.

Thanks in advance
FBP

PD: Please do not post libraries that cant be used on both platforms or involve an external server sending the SMS

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
PhoneAuth is integrated in FirebaseUI Library (even if it is just for b4a; i just wanted to show that it is available already).

fbritop

Licensed User
Longtime User
@DonManfred please start a new thread for
publicize of your libraries

I have studied all cases and answer your post before this one. This post is intend for @Erel and anyone else that finds it useful. Your library does NOT help me, thanks for pointing me out your library but it won't work for our client.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@DonManfred please start a new thread for
publicize of your libraries
I ALREADY PUBLISHED IT!!! Use the forumsearch to find it. Expect this to be my LAST answer you get in this regard! Expect this to be my last answer to your posts. Welcome on my ignorelist.

As noted in my answer i just wanted to show that this feature (for B4A) is already available. Nothing more. Nothing less.