the phonesms lib with deliver notification is really usefull, but it does not supprt large sms.
could anyone find any solution for this: large sms sending & deliver statu notification.
thanks a lot!
If SMSs are from app to app and you control how it is splitted, you can also reconstruct them adding a small header (for instance, [1/3]...) and then parsing the received messages if they include this header.
Yes, but as it works pretty much universally (I can send a multipart SMS from my Android and it will show up as one message on an iPhone, Windows Phone, another Android or even older phones with some other OS), I assume there is some standardized way of doing it which makes it work.
I've tried simply splitting and sending multiple messages, and that didn't help, they just got recieved as multiple messages.
If SMSs are from app to app and you control how it is splitted, you can also reconstruct them adding a small header (for instance, [1/3]...) and then parsing the received messages if they include this header.
Not in my case. I need to send to several people in one batch, which means that I need to have an event to send them off at a good pace.
Edit: I've done some reading, and found that there is a standard way of doing this. It was a little bit more complicated than I had hoped, so it'll be a while before I have time to dig into it. Some links I found instructive:
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.