picture slider puzzle

johnna

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is my 1st post and hopefully not a stupid one

I am looking to create a picture slider puzzle game that am sure many of us used to play when we are younger. Basically u have grids 3 by 3 or 4 by 4 or 5 by 5 etc etc. You then load a picture which is then split up into the multiple grids, one of the grids are removed the image jumbled up and the idea is to move the grids around to make the image back to the original.

so a couple of simple questions are 1) can this be done and 2) whats the best way of creating the sliding images.

Hope this makes sense.

John

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is my 1st post and hopefully not a stupid one

I am looking to create a picture slider puzzle game that am sure many of us used to play when we are younger. Basically u have grids 3 by 3 or 4 by 4 or 5 by 5 etc etc. You then load a picture which is then split up into the multiple grids, one of the grids are removed the image jumbled up and the idea is to move the grids around to make the image back to the original.

so a couple of simple questions are 1) can this be done and 2) whats the best way of creating the sliding images.

Of course, that can be done.

I'm currently writing a tutorial that includes a jigsaw puzzle. You can see a screenshot of this game here. I'll explain everything. Just be patient until I finish.

Upvote 0

Vabzboy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Of course, that can be done.

I'm currently writing a tutorial that includes a jigsaw puzzle. You can see a screenshot of this game here. I'll explain everything. Just be patient until I finish.

Hey Informatix,

Have you finished that jigsaw puzzle game yet... I was waiting on a response from you and I still don't know how to make the game.

Can you please advise me somehow.

Thank you anyway.

Upvote 0

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey Informatix,

Have you finished that jigsaw puzzle game yet... I was waiting on a response from you and I still don't know how to make the game.

Can you please advise me somehow.

Thank you anyway.

I did it only in french because translating it in english would take too much of my time. But you can translate this tutorial with Bing Translator (recommended) or Google. And the code has comments in english. The puzzle is in the last part of the tutorial.
Comment font-ils ? #4

Upvote 0

Vabzboy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I did it only in french because translating it in english would take too much of my time. But you can translate this tutorial with Bing Translator (recommended) or Google. And the code has comments in english. The puzzle is in the last part of the tutorial.
Comment font-ils ? #4

What Libraries are needed for this Tutorial?

Thank you...

Upvote 0