Share My Creation Pixel Knight (Box2d)

hi

i am very happy to release my first Box2d (libgdx) game.
This is by far the best game i did. i am using 100% libgdx so NO android views are used in this game.
i use only libgdx actors and lgstage,..

for the physics i am using box2d. box2d is a very powerful tool if you know how to work with it.
there are a lot tutorials in the net and @Informatix wrapped this lib so good that you almost copy past any c++ or java code.

THIS IS THE BETA VERSION. so please help me test it and find bugs. i have implemented all stuff i wanted before i started this game expect of 1 part that i am working on it. (allow the user to buy swords from a shop with the coins he has selected)

i want to thank a lot to @Informatix, @melonZgz, @wonder, @andymc and anyone else that help me with this game.
it took me 3 weeks to make it and i am really proud of it :):):)

please download the game and tell me what you think:

link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=www.sagital.pknight

Have Fun :)

icon2bigS.png

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
btw i forgot to tell you guys, i have implemented a small CHEAT to get free coins.

when you enter the shop just tap on the sword on this order 12481
and you will get 1000 coins. if you dont get them, then go out from the shop and enter it again and try again.

try the chicken sword (funny sound ;))

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
is it better like this? I personally like it without the jump button

View attachment 50237
Is it hard to implement both options? Something like:

- Menu
-- Settings
--- Controls
----Option Width Jump Button
----Option Without Jump Button

Or something similar . IDK , maybe it's only me, what the other testers think about current controls, should they be with or without jump button?

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
is it better like this? I personally like it without the jump button

View attachment 50237
If they would be like that , I would swap the places of jump and arrow button, be cause you use jump far more than arrow button, the right thumb finger natural position is right bottom place. That's my feeling, but I'm not expert in making games nor I'm active gamer. Just average in both.

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If they would be like that , I would swap the places of jump and arrow button, be cause you use jump far more than arrow button, the right thumb finger natural position is right bottom place. That's my feeling, but I'm not expert in making games nor I'm active gamer. Just average in both.

ok i just asked another tester (my twin brother) and he told me the same. add a jump button make the jump and fire button the same size and jump button should be on the right and fire button on the left :confused:

inakigarm

Licensed User
Longtime User
yes!, latest version should be v1.04. just checked it is already online
Better than before (I've passed 1st screen !!); if you look at another platforms games on Android, there're other configurations for jump and fire (for ex: test lep's world2)

One more thing that I notice today; when starting the app, the app Title with a black screen appears before the Main screen of the game. Do you have a Theme with no actionbar (and no title) ?

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
And if it means anything for you, I tested it on Galaxy Note II and Galaxy S4, and on both devices it works flawlessly.

EDIT:
I used your CHEAT, OMG the chicken sword is so fun, the sound of it, I was laughing :D .

I wish you success with this cute game.

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
One more thing that I notice today; when starting the app, the app Title with a black screen appears before the Main screen of the game. Do you have a Theme with no actionbar (and no title) ?

no i dont have a theme? do you know how i can fix that?

thank you :)

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've had a play of this now. It's really good. Plays smooth on both my Galaxy S5 and Lg G3 phones.

The start of level 6 is really annoying though, as I jump over the spike, get the coins, but then die when I try to drop into the hole, as my player hits the spikes on the right hand side of the hole as he falls.. I don't think this should kill him though as he is technically below the spikes, not falling on them.

Otherwise, maybe have something saying "Level Complete" in between levels.

The level number on screen also changes before the screen fades to black, this needs fixing.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The start of level 6 is really annoying though, as I jump over the spike, get the coins, but then die when I try to drop into the hole, as my player hits the spikes on the right hand side of the hole as he falls.. I don't think this should kill him though as he is technically below the spikes, not falling on them.

The level number on screen also changes before the screen fades to black, this needs fixing.

fixed!

Otherwise, maybe have something saying "Level Complete" in between levels.

ok. thanks :)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi everyone, i would like to ask you what do you think about adding an load animation to the firebutton (until it is reloaded)

is this annoying or should i add it?

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
One quick other thing I found. When I slide my thumb over to the other direction button, it doesn't change direction, this is quite annoying as I have to take my finger completely off the screen. You could use the touchdragged event to check whether the user "move finger pointer" has been dragged to the other direction. this will help me not fall on spikes so often.

inakigarm

Licensed User
Longtime User
no i dont have a theme? do you know how i can fix that?

thank you :)
Have you code Set #FullScreen to True and #IncludeTitle to False and/or have a noTitle theme in Manifest Editor ?

(attached a video of Pixel Knight on Genymotion (slowness); I've seen this behaviour on my mobile phone at normal speed)

Pixelknight.gif