Share My Creation Pixel Knight (Box2d)

hi

i am very happy to release my first Box2d (libgdx) game.
This is by far the best game i did. i am using 100% libgdx so NO android views are used in this game.
i use only libgdx actors and lgstage,..

for the physics i am using box2d. box2d is a very powerful tool if you know how to work with it.
there are a lot tutorials in the net and @Informatix wrapped this lib so good that you almost copy past any c++ or java code.

THIS IS THE BETA VERSION. so please help me test it and find bugs. i have implemented all stuff i wanted before i started this game expect of 1 part that i am working on it. (allow the user to buy swords from a shop with the coins he has selected)

i want to thank a lot to @Informatix, @melonZgz, @wonder, @andymc and anyone else that help me with this game.
it took me 3 weeks to make it and i am really proud of it :):):)

please download the game and tell me what you think:

link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=www.sagital.pknight

Have Fun :)

icon2bigS.png

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you code Set #FullScreen to True and #IncludeTitle to False and/or have a noTitle theme in Manifest Editor ?

this is the only thing i have

B4X:
#Region Activity Attributes
    #FullScreen: true
    #IncludeTitle: false
#End Region

should i enter also something in Manifest?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
One quick other thing I found. When I slide my thumb over to the other direction button, it doesn't change direction, this is quite annoying as I have to take my finger completely off the screen. You could use the touchdragged event to check whether the user "move finger pointer" has been dragged to the other direction. this will help me not fall on spikes so often.

i am afraid this is not possible since i am handling my touches on an actor level i can only stop goright or goleft when i exit the actor but keep my finger touching the screen and enter like this the actor will not raise the touchdown event.

its like a android button when you touch anywhere on the screen and hold your finger on the screen and then move it to the button the button_click event wont fire.

there is an EXIT event for actors so i can know when someone leaved the actor but entering it you have to click on it.

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
One quick other thing I found. When I slide my thumb over to the other direction button, it doesn't change direction, this is quite annoying as I have to take my finger completely off the screen. You could use the touchdragged event to check whether the user "move finger pointer" has been dragged to the other direction. this will help me not fall on spikes so often.

sorry i was wrong, there is also a ENTER event :confused:

ok i fix that too for the next version :)

thanx andy!

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
awesome, great work Ilan.
I really think this could be a popular game, maybe matching the downloads Catapult has got. Maybe once you're done you could write a blog post explaining how it works, what is box2d doing? how do the on screen controls work (I write my own without actors, not tried scene2d stuff yet).

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
awesome, great work Ilan.
I really think this could be a popular game, maybe matching the downloads Catapult has got. Maybe once you're done you could write a blog post explaining how it works, what is box2d doing? how do the on screen controls work (I write my own without actors, not tried scene2d stuff yet).

thank you andy

i am planing to make a simple box2d game and tutorial and post it here in the game forum.
i hope i will get to it soon :)

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi everyone, i would like to ask you what do you think about adding an load animation to the firebutton (until it is reloaded)

is this annoying or should i add it?

I was thinking it would feel sluggish but it's not, looks nice.

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
thank you andy

i am planing to make a simple box2d game and tutorial and post it here in the game forum.
i hope i will get to it soon :)
If you plan to make it simple, using GameView or similar , take a look at this

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice update. Controls are better now. But I'm stuck on level six. I'm finding it really hard!
It's addictive though which is great.

if level 6 is hard wait until you get to level 7 :D

btw. have you used the CHEAT to buy swords? it will make it easier for you. a stronger sword will kill your enemies faster and the reload time is much better.
i like the lightning sword but the chicken sword is funny ;)

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
OMG level 7 is really hard, I can't even get past the first jumps!!!

My concern here is maybe the difficulty goes up too quickly??? It may put off some players from playing further. What may help would be a variable jump height, so allow the player to do smaller jumps if they just tap the jump button or hold it longer to jump higher, like in mario.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I was thinking about such a jump behavior but if the game would be to easy then it would get borring after a while.

On level 7 you just need to jump earlier and fall a little bit with the first stick and then perform a second jump. if you jump immediately then it wont work.

Just fall with it a little bit and then jump again.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks like you've already had over 50 installs! Congratulations! I'm thinking of doing a video review of this game on my Youtube channel. Maybe as soon as this weekend. I have over 2000 subscribers now so maybe I can bump your download numbers.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks like you've already had over 50 installs! Congratulations! I'm thinking of doing a video review of this game on my Youtube channel. Maybe as soon as this weekend. I have over 2000 subscribers now so maybe I can bump your download numbers.

Wow this would be amazing andy. i really would like to have a youtube review about my game. thank you very much :)

Edit: if u need something for this video let me know (like unlock all levels,...)