Android Question Please recommend me a date picker that spins

Cyan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,

I am not sure about other people, but I am a little overwhelmed with the number of datepickers available in the forum (this is not a bad thing in itself, believe me!)

I would like to have the below as a view (or maybe dialogue) which I can use in my B4A app which is pretty much the same as the android.widget.datepicker component with the datepickerMode set to spinner. This means that you can freely spin each part of the date up and down rather than using up and down arrows, and it also contains the necessary logic to handle different numbers of days in the month to prevent you selecting an invalid date.

datepicker.png

I couldn't find a picker after quite a bit of searching that had this functionality (I could only find the traditional calendar mode which is not what I need).

If there isn't such a thing, then fair enough, I will try to build my own for my purposes.

Thank you for any input, appreciate your time.

Jeffrey Cameron

Licensed User
Longtime User
There are many solutions here, search for "Wheel."

Or free:

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This means that you can freely spin each part of the date up and down rather than using up and down arrows,
Check out Johan Overview libraries here and scroll down to picker. You will see a B4A date picker that spins.
You will probably get more recommendations.

Upvote 0

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
other:

B4X:
1641870214908.png

and:

B4A:
1641870280425.png

Upvote 0