Android Question PNG or Blob

Shelby

Licensed User
Hi All,
I have completed my repository of 500 plus images for my SQLite table to display a respective image when one value in a row is clicked. I've read some about blob images so I'm not sure if my PNG image files will suffice for my purpose but that's the format I used. Here's my SQLite app as prepared for me months ago by Klaus. I'm thinking of making a 5th column where the value will display the respective image when the value is clicked or use my present 4th column to serve as the clickable value. My first question is: Can I use the PNG images for the function of display?
Thanks

Attachments

• SS2021V11.zip
    51 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
see:
Can I use the PNG images for the function of display?
view png

Upvote 1

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Your 5th column will be a text type field that will contain an external link to the image, or base64 encoding, or will it be an image blob field?

Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
I don't know if my image repository should be internal or external. I want the entire program to be eventually encrypted if that has any relevance. I'm not sure what a blob is nor if I should use blobs or some other format for image files. The clickable field could be either text or integer if you ask me. The value will be a page number clickable; or it could be a message like "click for image".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In general, it is not recommended to have the images stored in the database, because they cause slow access and increase the size of the database.

It is suggested to save the external link where the image is located, which can be a directory on your server.

Upvote 0

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
see:

Upvote 1

Shelby

Licensed User
see:

Thanks

Upvote 0