Pocket Burning Sand (Open Source)

neilnapier

Licensed User
Longtime User
I know very little about VGA and QVGA etc. I am using the line of code
B4X:
Resolution.Text = "Resolution: " & BurningSand.Width " x " & BurningSand.Height

to calculate the resolution.

Here is V2.9 but I have not got round to adding the group top thing yet nor that code that you were telling me to add in that last post.

colin9876

Licensed User
looks good

Great Im getting 12-14 FPS on my PDA and not even tried it compiled or with Version6 yet!

Last edited:

neilnapier

Licensed User
Longtime User
I get 7 - 9 on my PPC. While drawing I get 6 and after a while it slows to 5.

With BS on a PC it has reahced to over one million FPS. That seems like a lot of difference.

I ussually consider 10 frames a second as really slow and recently we were amazed at the speed.... lol.

EDIT: 9/10 on blank screen.

Last edited:

colin9876

Licensed User
What chip is in ur PDA again? I get 12+ with loads of pixels even on my TyTn II (400mHz WM6)

Anyway lets try and compile it with V5.9 that Erels just released - it will make the Basic stuff loads faster. Can u email Erel be a Beta Tester and download it?

Edit does BS count each time it moves one pixel as a frame. Our counter goes up eachtime it moves all the pixels so 12 frames per sec when n=2000 is like 24000 moves

Last edited:

neilnapier

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have done so.

Can you compile in this beta test?

Anyway I have an IPAQ HP 1940 with WM2003 with 64 MB RAM and 266 MHz Processor.

neilnapier

Licensed User
Longtime User
don't you mean 2400 FPS. I have seen 24000 FPS and my PPC certainly does not do that!

EDIT: or even 240?

Last edited:

colin9876

Licensed User
U said BS on a PC reaches over a million?? However Ive just tried it on a PC and BS says 60 FPS which is the Frame Rate of the monitor. Where did u get a million from?
Edit -Ive just put it on fast forward and get >1000 FPS. We wont get those kind of speeds on the PPC!

Last edited:

neilnapier

Licensed User
Longtime User
It has reached over 1 million on a super gaming computer. My computer is 4000 on a blank screen and about 400 while drawing.

colin9876

Licensed User
version

im playing v0.99b and it says FPS 60 all the time?

by the way ur right proper BS does draw pixels over solids. That means we could take the check out of the addpixels routine which stops us doing that and speed it up slightly!

Last edited:

neilnapier

Licensed User
Longtime User
I can't find the 1 mill one but I found the one by the creator of BS. His is

bs2framerateeditedzc6.jpg

colin9876

Licensed User
Neil missing &

Hi Neil
Ur missing an & between the width & 'x', should be
Resolution.Text = "Resolution: " & BurningSand.Width & " x " & BurningSand.Height

It wont compile with v5.9 with that error - even tho it may run on urs

Plus r u still willing to do these
1) Add horix & Vert u wanted (see my post last week)
2) Make the top of group active like u wanted (see yesterdays post)
3) And make the All panels and icons .Left and .Top relative to the MaxX and MinX
Remember the ones at the top and the left can be hardcoded in the form. Its only the ones on the right that will need things like
RightPanel.left= MaxX
Bottompanel.Top=MaxY
Icons.Left = MaxX+5 (or something)
bottom texts.Top = MaxY+4 (or something)

That will keep u busy for a while! Then I can try it on my new VGA imate when it arrives lol!

Last edited:

neilnapier

Licensed User
Longtime User
As I said previously I am not sure about the VGA and QVGA and so I wouldn't know what to do with that... but i suppose I could do that other stuff.

Also as I haven't a licence yet for BASIC4PPC I can not get the BETA. I will get it once I have got it (trying to get it for this weekend)

neilnapier

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a quicker way that making IFs for all the first elements to turn them on when the group is clicked?

colin9876

Licensed User
Vga

VGa is just ad diff screen res 640x480. The Toshiba G900 uses 800x480. To work on all ppcs we need to do everything relative to MaxX, MaxY
set all the icons on the right, and the bottom relative to this

e.g. right after uve worked out MaxX= ... width-30
MaxY= .

Call SetScreen before the
burningsands.show

sub SetScreen
water.left=MaxX+5
Rpanel.left=MaxX
ResolutionText.Top=MaxY+20 etc

....etc
end sub

call water_click sub to set everything up for water when Watergroup code runs

Last edited:

neilnapier

Licensed User
Longtime User
if I did that then it would make the top one appear as if it was selected but wouldn't effect which one WAS selected.

EDIT: I think perhaps you should do the VGA... I seriously don't get it at all. (I know it was resolution but that is it)

colin9876

Licensed User
Its ur project - Is it that u cant be bothered because it involves adding about 12 lines to a screen reset routine, and work out how many pixels up u want things. Ive told u exactly how to do it - Ur normally quite good at setting the layout.

Last edited:

neilnapier

Licensed User
Longtime User
Done it. Here is the newset file. Is it OK if you do the VGA?

Hows your interactions doing?

I seriously don't get it... I wish I could do more for this program.

colin9876

Licensed User
Ive finished everything - all in Basic. Ive had problems compiling in V6 because my Vista laptop has gone all weird and nothing worked for ages.
However Ive got a gut feeling that it wont be fast enough without a dll and we would need to continue with a C library, and in that case it would need AGs help again and I think I annoyed him last time lol!

Edit Just heard that maybe v6 is 3x faster - not 10 or so as first speculated!

But quite frankly if u wont do the VGA - setting the values of the controls relative to MaxX,MaxY - which is a bit timeconsuming but very easy - it makes me think why should I bother, or anyone else for that matter

Last edited:

neilnapier

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was reading through your instructions and will try it but it is not like I am being lazy. I am not having a good day and my mind is going blank...

I'll try.

neilnapier

Licensed User
Longtime User
Would using something like

Draw.left=Draw.Left+15

be OK for the VGA?

Also is the VGA is it longer or wider? Have I to keep it as portrait or change it to landscape?