Pocket Burning Sand (Open Source)

colin9876

Licensed User
Xmas ...

Neil, looks like its Xmas for u as dzt has released a new library today that does everything u want, including

ScreenCapture: Captures the whole screen.
ScreenCapture2(x,y,width,Height): Captures part of the screen.
ControlCapture(ControlName,x,y,width,Height): Captures part of a control. x,y are relatives to control upper left corner. The control can be a form or any other control
SaveImageBMP(Image, FileName): Saves the Image as BMP to a file with filename Filename.
SaveImageJPEG(Image, FileName): Saves the Image as JPG to a file with filename Filename.
SaveImageGIF(Image, FileName): Saves the Image as GIF to a file with filename Filename.
CopyImage(sourceImage, x,y,width, height): Copies a part of an image. Returns the new cropped Image (part of the source)
RotateImage(sourceImage, angle): Rotates an image. Angle can be one of 0, 90, 180, 270. Returns the rotated Image

See the posts today under the dzImage thread

neilnapier

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just 3 or 4 minutes ago there was an event in the FSG forums that effects us greatly...

A while ago I got this PM
Sieben said:
actually i already ran BS2 on my PPC. perhaps i'll release a PPC version in the future.

This is when I requested permission to start this project. A later post said that he would be likely to NOT make it as he hadn't the time...

Well he has.

http://siebn.de/download/PBS2-20071224.zip?PHPSESSID=d3ec7fc82c5bd11ceedf2a49bfdceb3a

Almost all the functions of BS2 (thats with all those functions for BS2) for modding AND it goes at an amazing speed on PPCs.

I don't know how this would effect us... should we continue or give up?

Check out his... it is quite amazing.

EDIT: There are minor glitches in his but still....

Last edited:

colin9876

Licensed User
Amazing!

Yes its very good, better than ours - probably all done in C# and this was always a project which was speed critical and not best suited to Basic.

Still we all learnt quite a bit doing it, and I actually think ours wasnt bad!

Last edited:

neilnapier

Licensed User
Longtime User
Most definately.

This is compeltely done in C++ I believe.

There is a major flaw in his though... it takes up a huge amount of memory... I can't play it for longer than a few minutes before I run out of memory.

neilnapier

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a problem... The reason I learnt this language was to make this program. Now that it has been near perfected by someone else - someone who know the program a lot more than I - I don't know what to do.

I have still not purchased BASIC4PPC - I was planning to do that tomorrow - and know the real reason why I wanted to purchase it has no meaning know.

I really don't know what to do. I really like this forum, the people in it and what can be accomplished in it but is it really worth buying a compiler now that I have no need for it at the current time.

I'm sorry Erel but I think I will be leaving the forums for now (I promise to return next time I want something else done for my PPC)

If this program is not going to continue then I am sorry but I don't feel the need to buy the program.

Again I am sorry but when I find something else needed to be made I will buy the program and start using this forum again.

Unless you want to carry on with this I am sorry but I'm going to have to say goodbye,

best regards and Merry Christmas,

Neil Napier