Pocket Weather

D

Deleted member 103

Hi digitaldon37,

i have divided the programm in 2 modules, now it's possible to load also on a PPC, to modify and to test.

But it is only a suggestion from me.:)

Ciao,
Filippo

Last edited by a moderator:

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi digitaldon37,

i have divided the programm in 2 modules, now it's possible to load also on a PPC, to modify and to test.

But it is only a suggestion from me.:)

Ciao,
Filippo

Hi Filippo,

I ran it on the PC and it took up half the screen. Was this one of the changes?

I'll test out on my pda and see how it works. I'll have to merge in some changes (this looks like it is based on .47 and the last release I had was .49)

Attachments

• bigPocketForecast.JPG
    bigPocketForecast.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 103

Hi digitaldon37,

I ran it on the PC and it took up half the screen. Was this one of the changes?
there is no change. You can use the VGA resolution free. Look at this picture.

I'll test out on my pda and see how it works. I'll have to merge in some changes (this looks like it is based on .47 and the last release I had was .49)
This change is based on v0.47.

Ciao,
Filippo

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi digitaldon37,

there is no change. You can use the VGA resolution free. Look at this picture.

This change is based on v0.47.

Ciao,
Filippo

It should be easy for me to merge the changes in - since most of them were a couple of lines here and there to fix bugs.

I just rolled everything back into a new public release (1.2.1) and except for the plug-in that I'm writing for it (which will be something that I can use for other projects) I think this project has reached a point where there probably won't be a lot of changes, at least from me.

Special thanks to Filippo for the VGA routines and a very big thanks to Klaus - he's earned co-author of the program since he's contributed so much code to it (from the language support, printing onto the form which made theming possible, and much more)

And of course thanks to Erel for a great product and to agraham for the dozens of libraries which make programming easier.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Don.

I had a look at the xda developper site and saw the post of gutte about the Minimize translation.

Actually this word is not yet translated.
To do so, just add one code line in the UpdateLanguage routine:
B4X:
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]UpdateLanguage[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]'RefreshWeather(1)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=red]mnuMin.Text=Text([/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=red]59[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=red])[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]mnuFile.Text=Text([/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]1[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2])[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]mnuExit.Text=Text([/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]2[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2])[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

The language files have been updated in the attached zip file.
There are still some added texts, not translated in some files, Italian, Spanish , Portuguese, Russian.

The text numbering in the files beginns with 0 !
That meens that the total number of lines is one more than the number in the first line in the files.

Best regards.

Attachments

• lng.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 359

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Don.

I had a look at the xda developper site and saw the post of gutte about the Minimize translation.

Actually this word is not yet translated.
To do so, just add one code line in the UpdateLanguage routine:
B4X:
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]UpdateLanguage[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]'RefreshWeather(1)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=red]mnuMin.Text=Text([/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=red]59[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=red])[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]mnuFile.Text=Text([/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]1[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2])[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]mnuExit.Text=Text([/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]2[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2])[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

The language files have been updated in the attached zip file.
There are still some added texts, not translated in some files, Italian, Spanish , Portuguese, Russian.

The text numbering in the files beginns with 0 !
That meens that the total number of lines is one more than the number in the first line in the files.

Best regards.

Thanks Klaus. I'll add this to my to do list and get an update posted in the next couple of weeks.

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
Developer's release .53

Developer's release .53 has been posted at XDA and on my wiki site: pocket_forecast [CampusBBS Wiki]

.53 (1/24/09)
===============================================================
- add translate for "actions", "save", "minimize"
- add theme variable "themeButtonBorder" to turn off borders

.52 (1/20/09)
================================================================
- add menu support for 240x240 navigation
- add support for 320x320
- fix for old city cache error message

Not a lot of big changes - but some that I've been meaning to get to. I need to translate the three menu options that I added (all the lang files updated but with english) and if everything tests out in the next few days I'll update the cab for the "public release"

The biggest change was adding support for 320x320 - most of the code defaults to either a QVGA display or VGA display and the 320x320 produced some weird results (mainly due to font resizing and switching between landscape and portrait). I also added some menu navigation so that if this is run on a 240x240 you can move around the screens

With this release, the program seems to run ok and look somewhat decent in all PDA resolutions.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi digitaldon37,

I have seen some other non translated words in the program.

In the Main menu
- About

In the Config window
- Error logging
- integration
- Forecast

In Config/Actions menu
- Back

Attached the modified files, source and language files.
The English, French and German text files are uptodate, all the others need translations for the last words.

Best regards.

Attachments

• Weather0_54.zip
    24.4 KB · Views: 337

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Don,

I saw on xda-developper the request to translate also the weather conditions.

Attached is the modified program with three WeatherCond files in English, French and German.
I didn't translate these at the beginning because the texts provided by Yahoo are more complete than those given with the weather condition code. The program uses for English the original Yahoo texts, and for other languages if there does exit a WeatherCond file, the translations.

Best regards.

Attachments

• Weather0_55.zip
    20.5 KB · Views: 320

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Don,
Here is Version 0.60 with the metric values calculated from the anglosaxon values.
Metric wind speed either in km/h or in m/s.
I don't know what confidence we can have in the values given by Yahoo.
I made a small check with Yahoo Weather at several location around the world and compared the values in 'in Hg' and 'milli bar', there are quite big differences !? I don't know if I am missing something !? Excel file attached.

Best regards.

Attachments

• WeatherV0_60.zip
    22.6 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Don,
Here is Version 0.60 with the metric values calculated from the anglosaxon values.
Metric wind speed either in km/h or in m/s.
I don't know what confidence we can have in the values given by Yahoo.
I made a small check with Yahoo Weather at several location around the world and compared the values in 'in Hg' and 'milli bar', there are quite big differences !? I don't know if I am missing something !? Excel file attached.

Best regards.

Thanks Klaus. I made a couple of tweaks to some other code that I have been working on and added them to your upload - new current version is .61

[will have to upload later - I'm getting an error message that I've exceeded the forum limit]

jdrogan

Licensed User
Is this project still active?
I really like this weather program and would like to "play" with it some to learn more about b4ppc. The app from the cab runs on my ppc but I don't get the last update on the bottom of the screen. I get no skin either just plain white. When I try and run weather61.sbp on the desktop I get all kinds of errors like btnExitRW.bmp missing, the WeatherE.txt file missing. What am I doing wrong? Shouldn't I just be able to load the source and run it?

Help

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is this project still active?
I really like this weather program and would like to "play" with it some to learn more about b4ppc. The app from the cab runs on my ppc but I don't get the last update on the bottom of the screen. I get no skin either just plain white. When I try and run weather61.sbp on the desktop I get all kinds of errors like btnExitRW.bmp missing, the WeatherE.txt file missing. What am I doing wrong? Shouldn't I just be able to load the source and run it?

Help

You can copy the program directory to your pc and copy the latest source code there - it should work fine.

I will also add a zip file with the latest developer files on the site wiki: pocket_forecast [CampusBBS Wiki]

The project has "gone on vacation" while I study for my PMP certification. :)

EDIT: Source code and include files are now posted on the wiki.

Last edited:

jdrogan

Licensed User
When I try to compile this version I get a compile error:
No match was found to type sortedlist
A desktop reference is missing.

What am I missing? what is sortedlist?

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
When I try to compile this version I get a compile error:
No match was found to type sortedlist
A desktop reference is missing.

What am I missing? what is sortedlist?

Do you have the correct versions of the libraries that this project uses? See attached screen shot.

jdrogan

Licensed User
I don't see Formlib.dll in either of those.
I have the Formlib.dll that came with my version 6.50.