Other Poll: Are you developing with Java 11?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Since I am at the moment computer less, I don't "use" any, but iI was using java 9...
BUT, since java 11 opens again the possibility to use GUI apps on raspberry pi, once I get a new laptop (hopefully soon) I will use java11

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
OpenJDK 11 + OpenJFX but i like the last Choice too :D

Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I voted 8 (since that is what I'm using), but next version will be OpenJDK 11 (currently dabbling. No big $'s for Oracle here).

Upvote 0

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sticking with 8, as its still getting updates so far. Just got one yesterday. 11 doesnt have an installer and has to be bundled, making it impossible for me to use right now so avoiding it.

I also still need 32-bit support, I still have 32-bit touch human-machine-interface units in use that I develop/update software for.

Upvote 0

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
in future i will also switch to free "OpenJDK 11 + OpenJFX"

Upvote 0

avalle

Licensed User
Longtime User
Still on Java 8 as I'm too busy to learn a new version at the moment. Until it's supported it works fine for me (mainly server apps).

Upvote 0

avalle

Licensed User
Longtime User
I mean "learn" in the extended way: from installing, to configuring, check if every piece of my code would still be supported and would still work as before.
I don't think it's going to be exactly like replacing with a new build of the same version. It's going to be a full QE project for me.
And I'm not disputing about the advantages to migrate, which I understand and plan to.

Now I'm curious to know why you're asking us this question. Are you planning to drop Java 8 support anytime soon?

Andrea

Upvote 0

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm at JDK v9.0.4 until my project Athena is completed. It's very compatible with many libraries in this forum..

Upvote 0

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel My project uses many libraries from this forum, but it will only run with SDK v9.0.4 installed.
Some code is even custom coded by some skilled veterans in here for compatibillity reason.

Upvote 0