Games Polyline in X2

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In regular box2d does not support polyline bodies so you can solve it by creating multiple bodies and connect them.
But the problem is to reference an image to such a body. In spritekit it is simple but i would like to stay cross platform and wanna use X2.

what would be the best way to do that?

another problem that i am facing is the difference between a body and the size of the graphical image. Is it possible to increase the size of the image to fit the size of the body?

Thanx

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi erel, i did manage to create a multiple bodies connected to each other with a WeldJoint but i dont like the physics behavior.
if a body fall on another body the bodies disconnect and connect again so you can tell it is not a single body.

in other framework i create a body with multiple fixtures (body shape in it)
this can also be done in X2 and i think this is the correct way to do that.

B4X:
    Dim testbody As X2BodyWrapper

Dim bd As B2BodyDef
    bd.BodyType = bd.TYPE_DYNAMIC
    bd.Position.Set(WorldWidth/2,WorldHeight/2)
    testbody = X2.CreateBodyAndWrapper(bd, Null,"testbody")

Dim circle As B2CircleShape
    circle.Initialize(0.5)

Dim poly As B2PolygonShape
    poly.Initialize
    poly.SetAsBox(1,1)

testbody.Body.CreateFixture2(poly,1)
    testbody.Body.CreateFixture2(circle,1)

it acts like a single body that has a complex shape and now we can create a much complex body but what i am missing is the Position property of the BodyShape

Shapes​

Every fixture has a shape which is used to check for collisions with other fixtures as it moves around the scene. A shape can be a circle or a polygon. Let's set up a circle shape...
b2CircleShape circleShape;
circleShape.m_p.Set(0, 0); //position, relative to body position
circleShape.m_radius = 1; //radius

1696587588816.png

m_p.Set is missing??