Wish pre-compile / parse check on demand

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel,

As you know by now the pre-compile / parse check that happends on each keypress is causing issues for a lot of people.

Now we can apply a workaround by tweaking the kick-in delays. (I use 30 seconds)

The only drawback is that we need to wait to see if our code is right or we need to do a full compile which is overkill in most cases (edit: when it succeeds that is).

Is it possible to invoke that check by pressing for example F4 (which seems to be free) ?

this also applies to all B4x products.

Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
We have discussed this issue on the chat once again.

Funny thing is that one user, hey @MikeH ;) , doesn't have these delays but his error log panel doesn't get updated at all until he does an actual compile.

Are there triggers implemented that disables this for some configurations?

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
b4alog.gif

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
@MikeH have you saved the project once? Save it and the errors will show.

As you know by now the pre-compile / parse check that happends on each keypress is causing issues for a lot of people.
I don't think that it affects many people. The slowdowns mainly occur with old single cpu computers (or with virtual machines).

On most computers the IDE should run smoothly.

I will consider adding such a shortcut.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The slowdowns mainly occur with old single cpu computers (or with virtual machines).

that's the odd part. you can't find a line in this problem.

I have it on 2 older dual core machines.

some reported the same with a brand new machine.

so it might be a slower key buffering issue or something combined with the check on each keypress.

I'll stick with the forced delay in the INI file and work with the shortcut once it's added to a future release.

Thanks for adding it soon.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User