Android Question Pre-launch report: Android compatibility warnings

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by jo1234, May 8, 2019.

1. jo1234

jo1234 Member Licensed User

Hi,

the Google Play Pre-launch report for my app shows the following Android Compatibility warnings:

We’ve detected that your app is using unsupported APIs.
    The following APIs are greylisted and Google can’t guarantee that they will work on existing versions of Android. Some may be already be restricted for your target SDK

StrictMode policy violation: android.os.strictmode.NonSdkApiUsedViolation: Ldalvik/system/VMRuntime;->getRuntime()Ldalvik/system/VMRuntime;
    StrictMode policy violation: android.os.strictmode.NonSdkApiUsedViolation: Ldalvik/system/VMRuntime;->is64Bit()Z
    StrictMode policy violation: android.os.strictmode.NonSdkApiUsedViolation: Landroid/os/Message;->flags:I
    StrictMode policy violation: android.os.strictmode.NonSdkApiUsedViolation: Landroid/os/Message;->recycleUnchecked()V
    StrictMode policy violation: android.os.strictmode.NonSdkApiUsedViolation: Landroid/os/Message;->when:J
    StrictMode policy violation: android.os.strictmode.NonSdkApiUsedViolation: Landroid/os/MessageQueue;->next()Landroid/os/Message;

The detailed descriptions are attached.

Is this anything I should worry about?

thanks,
    Johannes

Attached Files:

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

These two come from Google vision API.

The others are related to the deprecated Msgbox (not async) / DoEvents implementations. Better not to use those. Switch to MsgboxAsync.

jo1234 likes this.
  3. jo1234

jo1234 Member Licensed User

I have replaced all Msgbox (not async) / DoEvents from my code.
    Still I get the same Android Compatibility warnings in the Google Play Pre-launch report for my app.

StrictMode policy violation: android.os.strictmode.NonSdkApiUsedViolation: Landroid/os/Message;->flags:I
    StrictMode policy violation: android.os.strictmode.NonSdkApiUsedViolation: Landroid/os/Message;->recycleUnchecked()V
    StrictMode policy violation: android.os.strictmode.NonSdkApiUsedViolation: Landroid/os/Message;->when:J
    StrictMode policy violation: android.os.strictmode.NonSdkApiUsedViolation: Landroid/os/MessageQueue;->next()Landroid/os/Message;

Interestingly, they all come from the same com.me.myapp.main.onCreate(main.java:64):
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.Msgbox.<clinit>(Msgbox.java:55)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.keywords.Common.StartService(Common.java:896)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.objects.ServiceHelper$StarterHelper.startFromActivity(ServiceHelper.java:197)
    at com.me.myapp.main.onCreate(main.java:64)

The detailed descriptions are attached.

Attached Files:

4. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

If you are not calling Msgbox or DoEvents in your program then you should ignore those warnings. They will not affect your app.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice