Android Tutorial PreferenceActivity tutorial

boten

Licensed User
Longtime User
no such directory "/data/data/" on my device. Does it have to be rooted? Is he directory hidden?

BumForALiving

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can we do an inverse to dependency or can the feature be added? In other words, if a box is checked like "Use default" an edit field is not enabled.

If not and adding it would be considered, my thought is to have a - in the dependency string like:

B4X:
cat1.AddCheckBox("check1", "Checkbox1", "Use default setting", "", True, "")
cat1.AddEditText("edit1", "EditText1", "This is the alternative setting", "", "-check1")

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The problem was that the "Do not overwrite manifest file" option was checked. Therefore the rapid debugger couldn't add the internet permission which is required for it to run properly.

This option should not be used anymore. Changes should only be done with the manifest editor (this is an old example).

I've uploaded a fixed version.

mitobobo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello everyone!

May I ask a question, please? I've been looking for that in the forum but couldn't find anything: is it possible to understand which item/option is clicked? For example: when the "Intents" option is clicked, it should execute some code that I wrote, it shouldn't open an intentScreen. I can't find any events which raises when an item is clicked.

Thank you so much in advance for your precious help.

sigster

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks

Yes show the preference activity to change Widget color and transparent

Regards
Sigster

sigster

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

When I install the widget I open layout with one button if I don't I get black empty window
Activity.LoadLayout("start")

and I can open settings = StartActivity(screen.CreateIntent)

but not if I click on label on the widget

Regards
sigster

bjf

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you create an edittext with class password in preference screen?
I would like to use this for storing a password but of course don't want to show it in plain text.

SCIS

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can I set the input type of an EditText in a PreferenceActivity to be Decimal Numbers (so you only get the numeric keyboard)?

EDIT: Nvm, I can use the AHPreferenceActivity lib for that, I think

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…