B4J Question PreferencesDialog Options dialog displays only 1st 100 entries

Diceman

Licensed User
I noticed in the demo program PreferencesDialog Demo the cities.txt file has 405 cities from Aberdeen to Zurich. When I run the demo program and select the Cities option, the pulldown dialog shows only the first 100 cities, so I see Aberdeen to Dresden. Is there a way to display all the cities or to page down to see the next set of cities? The Options search dialog will find "Zurich" if I type it in, so I know the data has been loaded into PreferencesDialog using SetOptions, but I can't see all the rows.

I am using B4J v8.50.
TIA

Diceman

Licensed User
That solved the problem, thanks. But I still have some head scratching to do.

Before my original post on Friday, I looked at B4XPreferencesDialog library and didn't see any property similar to "MaxNumberOfItemsToShow". I do see a reference to B4XSearchTemplate and that it is a class, and your solution worked, but I am still puzzled as to where the source code for B4XSearchTemplate is stored? I searched every *.bas file I have and it's not in any of them.

Can you tell me which library has the B4XSearchTemplate class and how did this library get linked into the PreferencesDialog demo?
TIA

Upvote 0

Diceman

Licensed User
Ahh, I solved it. B4XSearchTemplate is in the "XUI Views.b4xlib" library.
(Why is it 30 seconds after I post the question, the light goes on and I find the solution? ) ;)

Upvote 0