Android Question printing regional language characters with bluetooth printer....

vvg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi..
I hv developed an app with b4a and it prints english characters well on a blue tooth printer. I know that the code pages of the printers do not have regional font support. But I want to print regional language characters.
Other solutions providers who have knowledge of java programming are doing this with eclips and android studio and are doing this with converting text into bitmap and sending them to printer.
But I am one of those who chose b4a because I do not know java. Not even basic concepts of java. So I will not walk on that way. I do not have that much time also.
So I would be grateful if anyone give me code or library to do this. I am ready to pay for that...

In short, I want code or b4a library that force each print to be sent as bitmap. Ready to pay for that.

Last edited:

vvg

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've searched for Bluetooth print image and quickly found this library: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/sd-bluetooth-printer.85750/#content

Sir, i tested the demo it is not working properly. 'star dust' also admitted this thing and adviced us to not to purchase registered version of this library as demo itself is giving random results.
Erel sir, other eclips and android studio users hv already their solutions in market.
They are doing this with sending regional language text as bitmap to bluetooth printer. So we b4a users who hv no knowledge of java can not give same solution to our clients. I request u that b4a should give some official easy solution for this as we are non java programmers and we have seen b4a as alternative for eclips or android studio.
B4a is great hope for us. Kindly look into the matter. If u charge some money for this update, I m ready to give.
Regards..

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sir, i tested the demo it is not working properly. 'star dust' also admitted this thing and adviced us to not to purchase registered version of this library as demo itself is giving random results.
Erel sir, other eclips and android studio users hv already their solutions in market.
They are doing this with sending regional language text as bitmap to bluetooth printer. So we b4a users who hv no knowledge of java can not give same solution to our clients. I request u that b4a should give some official easy solution for this as we are non java programmers and we have seen b4a as alternative for eclips or android studio.
B4a is great hope for us. Kindly look into the matter. If u charge some money for this update, I m ready to give.
Regards..
I have already written on many occasions that what you are looking for is in this post https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...printer-with-matching-codepage.76831/#content

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Tried but not successfull.
There are no other solutions. It's the first time someone says it does not work. The source of @KMatle is well written.

Or your printing devices do not follow the standard and you have to write something for them or you have not implemented the code correctly.

Upvote 0

vvg

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've searched for Bluetooth print image and quickly found this library: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/sd-bluetooth-printer.85750/#content[/QUli
This
There are no other solutions. It's the first time someone says it does not work. The source of @KMatle is well written.

Or your printing devices do not follow the standard and you have to write something for them or you have not implemented the code correctly.
I am not saying this code is not working.Yes I know. With Kmatle's given code on that page, I made bluetoorh printing possible but problem is that it is printing english characters but when i try to apply our regional fonts, they can not be printed I mean printing in english instead of expected font.
If there was problem in printer, how Other solution providers can print regional language printing with same my printer.
He (solution provider)said he is converting text to bmp. (Probably he is capturing screen shot in bmp format and printing directly to printer. Bluetooth printer may not support utf8 text but supports image printing. So I think it is possible by that way.
But they are java professionals and hv developed their project with eclips and java
As i do not know java, and wrapping etc, i can not do it my way in b4a.

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The code available allows you to print images.

Obviously you must create an image containing the text with the characters of your alphabet
You probably can not make this last part. You can not create an image containing the text in the desired characters.

in this case he should formulate the question differently and ask Forum for a different help. It has nothing to do with the Bluetooth issue.

Open a new thread asking if anyone can help you make an image with Indian text.

Upvote 0

vvg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok. Thanks for yor responses so far...
The code available allows you to print images.

Obviously you must create an image containing the text with the characters of your alphabet
You probably can not make this last part. You can not create an image containing the text in the desired characters.

in this case he should formulate the question differently and ask Forum for a different help. It has nothing to do with the Bluetooth issue.

Open a new thread asking if anyone can help you make an image with Indian text.

Upvote 0