Wish private sign key

LordZenzo

Licensed User
Longtime User
there is a problem that I consider serious, to be corrected, b4a projects should "remember" which private sign key is used and its password, instead the last used one is stored and if I go back to an old project I find myself not knowing anymore which one was used, although there is the possibility to insert it in the main of the project this thing is too important to leave it to chance

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
there is a problem that I consider serious, to be corrected, b4a projects should "remember" which private sign key is used and its password, instead the last used one is stored and if I go back to an old project I find myself not knowing anymore which one was used, although there is the possibility to insert it in the main of the project this thing is too important to leave it to chance
The Signke is usually ONE per Developer.
If you need to use a specific one for a Project you should use the corresponding conditional compiling keys

B4X:
#SignKeyFile: my-release-key.jks
#SignKeyPassword: xxxxxxx
#SignKeyAlgorithm: -digestalg SHA1 -sigalg SHA256withRSA

LordZenzo

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think it is not clear what I mean
in a project when you specify the key in the b4a entry form, i believe, b4a should remember not the last used no matter which project was opened last, but exactly the one used for the specific project, i understand that it is bypassed the problem with the conditional compilation keys, but since there is an entry form, it would be much more logical for it to do the job of "remembering" for us
technology must simplify life not complicate it

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the specific project, i understand that it is bypassed the problem with the conditional compilation keys, but since there is an entry form, it would be much more logical for it to do the job of "remembering" for us
99% of the B4A users only need ONE signkey (mee too).
For the 1% of other developers is the possibility available to change the signkey using additional compilation.

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think you are finding a problem where there isn't one.
I work for many customers wach with a different signing key.
I use the conditional compilation method. The keys are explicitly defined so I know which one is in use and they get stored with the rest of the source code so that if someone else in the team needs to build the project they can.

Also coming back to a project after a time away everything is all together.