Wish Save private sign key info in project file

alimanam3386

Licensed User
Longtime User
This can be very useful if the private sign key information ( path/filename & password of key ) stored in the project file. because when we open another project it open with wrong private key ( previous opened project )

alimanam3386

Licensed User
Longtime User
it is true but I mean it can be more convenient if when we define a new private key by tools --> Private sign key this info ( filename of key and password ) automatically saved in project file when we save our project so when we open this project any time in future the key and password present already by project and the benefit of this method is we have not to add 2 line of code (#SignKeyFile , #SignKeyPassword ) to our codes in main activity. In addition, in my case always I use different key for each project.

Some disadvantages of signing with the same certificate:
  1. If your app certificate is compromised, all your apps are in danger. Certificate holder can create fake updates for your apps to steal users data etc.
  2. If you wanna sell one of your apps, you have to compromise your certificate to the buyer.
  3. If you lose your certificate, you will be unable to make updates for all your apps. You will be forced to create new packages (new apps) for all of them.
  4. If one of your apps has signature level permission, or allows user id sharing, all your apps can take advantage of this!

thanks

Last edited: