Share My Creation Probability Calculator

Here is the Android version of the probability calculator (see the Basic4PPC forum for the Widows Mobile version).

This program calculates the p value (probability of a more extreme result) for the Z, t, F, and Chi Square distributions.

It will alslo find the critical value for a specified area (alpha level).

For the t and F distributions, it will also caculate Eta, a mesure of effect size. Eta squared can be interpreted as the proportion of explained variance.

Comments and suggestions for improvement are welcome.

27 Feb 2011 -- Version 1.1 (bug fixes)
27 May 2001 -- Version 2.0 (all views now relative - should work on any device)

Attachments

• ProbCalc20.zip
    32 KB · Views: 1,010
Last edited:

u137a

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is a well written app with nicely structured source code, I like the layout changes for landscape and UI in well spaced.

Some comments on the Android version:

1. Calculate p button seems to calculate Alpha which is confusing terminology

2. If I am in F distribution when the screen blanks on unblanking the screen df1 and df2 are missing

3. In Z distribution if you set Alpha to 0.5 and calc one-tailed Z then program crashes at line 340.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

dlfallen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the feedback (and the kind words). I have addressed your comments as follows:

1. Calculate p button seems to calculate Alpha which is confusing terminology
(Obviously) was not confusing to me, but your point is quite correct and I have changed the button text to "Calculate Alpha".

2. If I am in F distribution when the screen blanks on unblanking the screen df1 and df2 are missing
Indeed, the same thing happes for df1 on the t and chi-square screens as well. FIXED

3. In Z distribution if you set Alpha to 0.5 and calc one-tailed Z then program crashes at line 340.
I never tested alpha = .5 because the 1-tailed answer is obvious and doesn't need calculation. My bad, and I fixed it.

Thank you for testing the program and finding these bugs. I hope you find the program useful.

The updated version (1.1) has been placed in the first post.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…