iOS Question Problem changing to builder1

vikingivesterled

Licensed User
Longtime User
The last few days I have had problems when compiling b4i apps in that after compile it just closes the bridge app
but never actually installs the compiled app. Don't even ask if I want to install it.
So I decided to make a new bridge app but it always says its waiting on builder2 and when I try to browse it the page always hangs.
(Hangs whether I type in the address or use the barcode.)
I can browse builder1 but it says there is no app waiting.
I can't get it to use builder1 whether I select "prefer secondary" or not.
Result = can't get a bridge app or compiled own app from either hosted builder.

Is there a way I can force it to use builder1

vikingivesterled

Licensed User
Longtime User
Had problems with the ini files after another pc crash.
It is very inconvenient that both b4a and b4i ini files get destroyed if you have a pc-crash or a power cut when you have the programs open.
Starts you doubting your setup when you redo them and it don't work afterwards.

Don't think builder2 ever worked for me so is there a way of setting b4i permanently to builder1 and get a message if its down.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is very inconvenient that both b4a and b4i ini files get destroyed if you have a pc-crash or a power cut when you have the programs open.
This is not something that is expected to happen or is a common issue. The ini file is not kept open while the IDE is running.

Don't think builder2 ever worked for me so is there a way of setting b4i permanently to builder1 and get a message if its down.
There is no reason for builder2 to behave differently than builder1. I'm pretty sure that the problem is somewhere else.

Upvote 0

vikingivesterled

Licensed User
Longtime User
The ini files got destroyed for me at least 3 times last year. The last time I closed b4a and b4i because the pc was running slow and closed a Edge screen running, and the pc stopped working a few minutes later. Back to standard ini files when I started again. Specially the loss of Use of optimized dexer untrue and memory setting in b4a, biuild server login in b4i, and passwords for sign keys and timeout settings in both, are vexing.

I'm still getting builder2 when I create the bridge app, both with prefered secondary ticked and unticked.
Yes it has been a browser or network problem on my iphones since day 1, but that do not make it any easier. Strangely it works on the Samsung phone connected to the same wifi if I try to pull the webpage of the bridge app file there.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm still getting builder2 when I create the bridge app, both with prefered secondary ticked and unticked.
That's true. Builder1 is being updated to Xcode 11.

Specially the loss of Use of optimized dexer untrue and memory setting in b4a, biuild server login in b4i, and passwords for sign keys and timeout settings in both, are vexing.
It is a mistake to disable the optimized dexer unless you are low on memory.

You can backup the ini file.

Upvote 0

vikingivesterled

Licensed User
Longtime User
When do you estimate builder1 to be back online.

It takes so long for the optimized dexer to time out if it fails that its faster to just use the normal all the time.
And yes with b4a and b4i plus designers, perl scripts for the backend and quite a few websites open to update apps/ads/take stats and find solutions, it is easy to run out of memory even with 8gb. Specially with Windows upgrading frequently in the background, which is what happened the last time it went out of oomph.

Upvote 0

vikingivesterled

Licensed User
Longtime User
It was a firewall problem after all. builder 2 has changed ip adress since I last used it, or I had entered it wrong,
Anyway, working now, both bridge install and app compile and install.

Upvote 0

vikingivesterled

Licensed User
Longtime User
I already have it at 4096 (4GB) on a 8gb 64bit win10 pc.
Still fails for a 50 page app that ends up with an install size of less than 4mb.
Strange thing is Task Manager says the processs is b4a (32 bit) and never goes above 2gb in memory usage.

Upvote 0