Android Question Problem in compiling with SLC

kepler

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I'm trying to use some java modules in a library. For that, I'm using SLC (Simple Library Compiler) provided here in these forums (the app LibraryCompiler.exe).

But, I had an unexpected error - that I didn't had in Eclipse:

module1\Utils1.java:1166: error: cannot find symbol
var0 = (Object[][]) Arrays.copyOf(var3, var4);
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

I'm seriously confused. In this program, I can't place - I think - the -Xlint parameter.
And, the other 2 apps, B4J_LibraryCompiler.exe and jLibraryCompiler_b4j.exe say "Cannot findB4J ini file".
And in Eclipse, the jar is perfectly compiled with no errors - only that does not brings a complete xml file with the functions...

I'm sure most of the members of B4A have used these utils.

Can someone help me out, please?

Kind regards,

Kepler

kepler

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good morning,

Here's the full error report:

Starting step: Compiling Java code.
javac 1.7.0_60
C:\Documents and Settings\Rui Miguel Fernandes\Desktop\ANDROID\B4A\Basic4Android FULL\Libs - Creating\SLC\SimpleLibraryCompiler\SimpleLibraryCompiler\MyModule1\src\com\mymodule1\Utils1.java:1166: error: cannot find symbol
var0 = (Object[][]) Arrays.copyOf(var3, var4);
^
symbol: method copyOf(Object[][],int)
Note: C:\Documents and Settings\Rui Miguel Fernandes\Desktop\ANDROID\B4A\Basic4Android FULL\Libs - Creating\SLC\SimpleLibraryCompiler\SimpleLibraryCompiler\MyModule1\src\com\mymodule1\Utils1.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
1 error

Error.

I would like to ask also for some clarification in some points, if it's not too much trouble Erel:

1) Can I do a set of functions in the B4A environment, and compile them as a library (in B4A)? Will it produce both .jar and complete .xml files?

2) Let's say a do a primary lib from scratch in Eclipse - with one Java module. How do I add already made java modules? Do I put them in the same directory as the main? Do they have to have the

import anywheresoftware.b4a.BA.ShortName;
import anywheresoftware.b4a.BA.Version;

lines aswell (I think not...)? Must I import them into to the main lib, like

import com/example/external_module1.java

so they can be part of the project?

Kind regards,

Kepler

?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
And, the other 2 apps, B4J_LibraryCompiler.exe and jLibraryCompiler_b4j.exe say "Cannot findB4J ini file".
You want to create Library for B4A or for B4J?
If you want to create a library for B4J then you need to Install B4J first. -->>B4J<<--_LibraryCompiler.exe

You need to use LibraryCompiler.exe if you want to write a library for b4A

I suggest you to start at the tutorials about librarywrapping as all what i can see is TOTALLY NULL KNOWLEDGE of what you are doing.

Upvote 0

kepler

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I must say I'm surprised with your simpathy and kindness DonManfred...
I am using LibraryCompiler.exe for B4A - if you read my post carefully you'll see that.
And I admit my totally ignorance on the subject - I'm a begginer in this software, but trying to learn the best way I can.
Nevertheless, I bought it (not stealed it) - with support included, I think, which makes me a Licensed User like you.
So, I trust I can put my doubts in here, so other experienced and registered users can help me with some tips.
If you're in charge with AnywhereSoftware, which I doubt, I must say I'm terribly disapointed with the techical support regarding the way you treat newbies.

I'm terribly sorry if I caused any troubles.

Kepler

Upvote 0