problem in compiling

gjoisa

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have written a small program . I have compiled it (device executable mode) without any error messages . but it cannot be sent to active sync . I am using i-mate windows mobile 2003 . what to do ?

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi gjoisa,

but it cannot be sent to active sync

Can you explain this a little further?
A basic4ppc compiled .exe ist not an installation file, it is a real executible so you have to put this file to your device manually (e.g. copy the .exe to your "My Documents" folder on the dektop and sync your pocket pc. After that you will find this app within the "My Documents" folder on the device")

If you want to create an installation file for your application you can use the "setupup builder" http://www.b4x.com/SetupFiles.html

specci48

gjoisa

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you specci48 . I have tried your instructions and sent the exe file to my device . Still the file has not opened there . i dont know the reason because I am new to ppc and basic4 ppc .Earlier i have developed a program for palm .

gjoisa

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes ! I did the same . All other files in "My documents" folder are opened; But the file created by me is not opening .

Woinowski

Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe you used a library

Yes ! I did the same . All other files in "My documents" folder are opened; But the file created by me is not opening .

Just a guess: Do you use any other b4PPC libraries (dll)? In that case, they must be in the same directory on the device as the .exe.