B4J Question Problem With Building Standalone Package

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
A project compiles and runs in Debug & Release without problem. However when trying to run a stand-alone package it crashes on open.

B4J 9.3 JDK 11.0.1
Libs: JavaObject jFX jRLDialogsX jSQL

There is an error evident when running the run_debug.bat....
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javafx.scene.web.WebView

So just to humour the compiler I added:
#PackagerProperty: IncludedModules = javafx.web:

Now the stand-alone runs fine but the mystery remains.... The code contains no reference to any WebView object so why the problem?

MicroDrie

Licensed User
Maybe you use a library with an underwater reference to or use a WebView object?

Upvote 0

MicroDrie

Licensed User
@MarcoRome... I saw that example but I have not used HTMLeditor either. This application has NO connectivity function whatsoever!
On the text "This application does NOT have any connection function!" it is best to do something about it. You start your first post with "A project compiles". You don't know what the compiler does exactly. More than "My program code does NOT have any connection function!" you can't say. Why am I writing this, I never realized that using B4Xtable search uses SQL, until I got a weird SQL error due to a conflict with the encrypted SQL driver in my program code. I found out by one by one, a library added by me (with any reference program code to be changed as comments).

There is also something to be said for the expectation that webview only and always uses a connection. Without making a connection I can very well display HTML code based beautiful text with a string. And yes, if I can do that with a program code, I can also do that from a library.

I have learned with great shame that it is not the saying by every "To measure is to know!", but on the basis of experience "To measure itself is to know nothing, it is about the correct interpretation of the measured result!" and the latter sometimes leads to astonishing and unexpected conclusions.

Upvote 0

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
@MicroDrie
There is also something to be said for the expectation that webview only and always uses a connection. Without making a connection I can very well display HTML code based beautiful text with a string. And yes, if I can do that with a program code, I can also do that from a library.
I did not infer that the WebView or HTML editor pre-supposes an internet connection. Those are two separate statements, not a single concatenation of the two (if you understand my logic)

I agree with your observation of an underwater connection. Out of curiosity I have stripped down the jRLDialogs.jar and expanded my knowledge of dialogs no end..... Unfortunately I found no clue that might cause the compile error.

My mission is only to understand WHY so I can be more productive and avoid situations where my productivity stops to solve yet another unexpected problem.

Upvote 0