B4J Question Problem with IDE version 8.80, crashes often!

johnerikson

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm trying to use the latest version of BJ4 8.80. Unfortunately, I can not edit and compile continuously! After a moment of editing, IDE crashes by graying it and changing the cursor to a blue ring and IDE stops. The only way is to cancel IDE and restart again. To work around the problems, I use an older version (B4J 6.51) that works well. The problems arise in a relatively large project (ABMaterial >10 000 lines), in smaller projects there are no problems.
In any case, I use Java 8 because I haven't got Java 11 to manage to start the program

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Not sure if related. Try to disable Automatic Backup in Tools > IDE options. It can take a while for very large projects

Upvote 0

johnerikson

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks!
If Autobackup is disabled, there will be no interruption. Unfortunately, no log.txt file is created under c:\temp that could give hints about what goes wrong. I guess something happens that Windows reacts to. A message is sent to Microsoft.

In any fall I can work without Autobackup for so long and hope it works when the next version is released!

Upvote 0