B4J Question Problem with java...

stefanoxjx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, I've made a program with B4J and java 1.7.0_71

The program runs correctly with this version of java, but if I execute my program in another PC with another version of java, it didn't work correctly (graphics interface is different and program freeze)

This is a snapshot of program executed widh java 1.7.0

This is a snapshot of program executed with another version of java

If I start to supposition that I don't know which version of java can be installed in the various PC, my question is: there is a possibility to resolve this problem?

Any suggestion is good accepted
Thanks.
Regards.

Stefano

stefanoxjx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,
if you look the snapshot that I've posted, you can see that with java 8 the numbers in list box don't appears, but this is the minor of my problems.
Very important is that the program runs correctly with java 7, but with java 8 I can ensure you that the program freeze.
My program is very stupid without any critical routine.
The program must to download data through serial port from a device, parse the data and save into a file.
I've tried my program in 3 computers:
- One PC with Windows 7 (the same PC that I've used to develop the program) that have java 7 and 8.
If I execute the program with java 7 there isn't any problem but with java 8 there is a problem.
- One PC with Windows XP and java 8 (problem)
- One PC with linux and java 8 (problem)

Upvote 0

stefanoxjx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel, I've made many test, but I confirm you that program compiled with java 7 is not compatible (at least my program) with java 8.
With java 8, the program freezes during download from serial port but not always in same spot.
If I execute my program with java 7, it work fine.
I've solved with installation of java 7 together java 8 and creating a package with Launch4j with limit of java version 7.0.0_99

Stefano

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…