B4J Question Problem with java...

stefanoxjx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, I've made a program with B4J and java 1.7.0_71
upload_2015-2-11_10-17-33.png

The program runs correctly with this version of java, but if I execute my program in another PC with another version of java, it didn't work correctly (graphics interface is different and program freeze)

This is a snapshot of program executed widh java 1.7.0
upload_2015-2-10_15-50-13-png.32093

This is a snapshot of program executed with another version of java
upload_2015-2-10_15-51-6-png.32094

If I start to supposition that I don't know which version of java can be installed in the various PC, my question is: there is a possibility to resolve this problem?

Any suggestion is good accepted :)
Thanks.
Regards.

Stefano

stefanoxjx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,
if you look the snapshot that I've posted, you can see that with java 8 the numbers in list box don't appears, but this is the minor of my problems.
Very important is that the program runs correctly with java 7, but with java 8 I can ensure you that the program freeze.
My program is very stupid without any critical routine.
The program must to download data through serial port from a device, parse the data and save into a file.
I've tried my program in 3 computers:
- One PC with Windows 7 (the same PC that I've used to develop the program) that have java 7 and 8.
If I execute the program with java 7 there isn't any problem but with java 8 there is a problem.
- One PC with Windows XP and java 8 (problem)
- One PC with linux and java 8 (problem)

Upvote 0

stefanoxjx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel, I've made many test, but I confirm you that program compiled with java 7 is not compatible (at least my program) with java 8.
With java 8, the program freezes during download from serial port but not always in same spot.
If I execute my program with java 7, it work fine.
I've solved with installation of java 7 together java 8 and creating a package with Launch4j with limit of java version 7.0.0_99

Stefano

Upvote 0