Android Question Problem with LoadURL inside OverrideURL

CRoberts

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I have multiple WebViews and I want to be able to click a record on the first one and open a different page in the second. In my example the second WebView is not updating. If I carry out the same instruction using a button then the second WebView does update.

Am I missing something in my OverrideUrl event?

Sub Activity_Create(FirstTime As Boolean)
Activity.LoadLayout("main")
WebView1.LoadURL("file:///" & File.DirRootExternal & "\greatgainstrading\" & "Test.html")
WebView2.LoadURL("file:///" & File.DirRootExternal & "\greatgainstrading\" & "Test.html")
WebView3.LoadURL("file:///" & File.DirRootExternal & "\greatgainstrading\" & "FDL.html")
End Sub

Sub Button1_Click
WebView2.LoadURL("file:///" & File.DirRootExternal & "\greatgainstrading\" & "FDL.html")
End Sub
Sub WebView1_OverrideUrl (Url As String) As Boolean
WebView2.LoadURL("file:///" & File.DirRootExternal & "\greatgainstrading\" & "FDL.html")
Return True
End Sub
Sub Button2_Click
WebView2.LoadURL("file:///" & File.DirRootExternal & "\greatgainstrading\" & "test.html")
End Sub

Thanks

Charles

KZero

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tested your code with different URLs (google and yahoo) and it worked correctly.
the error may be in the pages it self

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
use lowercase filenames in assets

Maybe the additional subfolder is the problem.

Upvote 0

CRoberts

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for looking at this. As you reported it working, I ran it again and discovered if I left it, after 30 seconds or thereabouts the second WebView changed its page. Since then it has changed immediately. The same thing, although with a longer delay occured on my Samsung S4 Mini phone. (Original testing was with a Samsung Galaxy Tab S)

I must admit to being impatient and never left it 30 seconds without shutting down and trying something else when I was testing yesterday.

Erel, thanks for your comments. I should have thought of CallSubDelayed.

Upvote 0

Reviewnow

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think you have an incorrect path your \ has to be the other direction /

B4X:
WebView1.LoadURL("file:///" & File.DirRootExternal & "/greatgainstrading/" & "Test.html")

Upvote 0