B4J Question Problem with new install

stevewidget

Licensed User
Hi,
THanks to Microsoft I have had to change my computer to W10. I reinstalled B4J but am having issues with some software that worked on my old machine.
Its basically the Chat program, slightly modified to not use prefix mode (using a PSOC not Arduino so B4R not option)
I changed just this line ( I think)
astream.Initialize(sp.GetInputStream, sp.GetOutputStream, "astream")
It compiles OK. Sees list of COMPORTS , but as soon as I try to connect it crashes with the following
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x000000007110b5db, pid=18508, tid=16992
#
# JRE version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (11.0.1+13) (build 11.0.1+13)
# Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (11.0.1+13, mixed mode, tiered, compressed oops, g1 gc, windows-amd64)
# Problematic frame:
# C [jSSC-2.8_x86_64.dll+0xb5db]

Attached is the error log.

Is this anything to do with Java version, or have I forgotten something .

Thanks

Steve

Attachments

stevewidget

Licensed User
Update Making things worde.

OK I realised I wasnt using the latest version so updated to 7.51. Now it doesnt compile!!!
Is the correct way to update to do a full install over top?

Log ( Source not changed)
B4J Version: 7.51
Java Version: 11
Parsing code. Error
Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: index

Steve

Hi,
THanks to Microsoft I have had to change my computer to W10. I reinstalled B4J but am having issues with some software that worked on my old machine.
Its basically the Chat program, slightly modified to not use prefix mode (using a PSOC not Arduino so B4R not option)
I changed just this line ( I think)
astream.Initialize(sp.GetInputStream, sp.GetOutputStream, "astream")
It compiles OK. Sees list of COMPORTS , but as soon as I try to connect it crashes with the following
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x000000007110b5db, pid=18508, tid=16992
#
# JRE version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (11.0.1+13) (build 11.0.1+13)
# Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (11.0.1+13, mixed mode, tiered, compressed oops, g1 gc, windows-amd64)
# Problematic frame:
# C [jSSC-2.8_x86_64.dll+0xb5db]

Attached is the error log.

Is this anything to do with Java version, or have I forgotten something .

Thanks

Steve

stevewidget

Licensed User
Thanks Pete,
Tried that, no differrence, but certainly will intrdouce as standard procedure in future.
My main concern is , is there any changes due to java11 that might affect jserial? or is it my new setup, or my forgetting something obvious.

Steve

stevewidget

Licensed User
Thanks Erel,
that fixed it!! I assume that master libraries are automatically reloaded on update, but is there any way/documentation on user libraries that need updating, other than trawling the forum.
Once again thaks.

Steve

stevewidget

Licensed User
Perhaps I spoke a little too quickly. Although it does accept data from my device, I note the following in the log

Waiting for debugger to connect...
Program started.
jssc.SerialPortException: Port name - COM5; Method name - getInputBufferBytesCount(); Exception type - Port not opened.
at jssc.SerialPort.checkPortOpened(SerialPort.java:878)
at jssc.SerialPort.getInputBufferBytesCount(SerialPort.java:802)
at anywheresoftware.b4j.serial.Serial$1.read(Serial.java:128)
at anywheresoftware.b4j.serial.Serial$1.read(Serial.java:123)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.randomaccessfile.AsyncStreams$AIN.run(AsyncStreams.java:199)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)
java.lang.RuntimeException: jssc.SerialPortException: Port name - COM5; Method name - getInputBufferBytesCount(); Exception type - Port not opened.
at anywheresoftware.b4j.serial.Serial$1.read(Serial.java:138)
at anywheresoftware.b4j.serial.Serial$1.read(Serial.java:123)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.randomaccessfile.AsyncStreams$AIN.run(AsyncStreams.java:199)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)
Caused by: jssc.SerialPortException: Port name - COM5; Method name - getInputBufferBytesCount(); Exception type - Port not opened.
at jssc.SerialPort.checkPortOpened(SerialPort.java:878)
at jssc.SerialPort.getInputBufferBytesCount(SerialPort.java:802)
at anywheresoftware.b4j.serial.Serial$1.read(Serial.java:128)
... 3 more
I'm pretty sure no data was being sent before program started.
Whats this please

Steve