Problem with SQL in WM6.1

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by BjornF, May 26, 2009.

  1. BjornF

    BjornF Active Member Licensed User

    Dear All,

    I have recently moved to a new device with WM6.1 Professional (HTC Diamond2). When I have tried to move my programs to the device most of them work ok, but whenever I use SQL I get the following error message:
    File or assembly name 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.40.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1FDB50B1B62B4C84', or one of its dependencies, was not found.

    The file is however present in the same folder as the program so that isn't the problem.

    I have the same problem with various of my programs. I have recompiled them, but the problem is still there :BangHead:

    I have CF3.5 installed, might that be a problem?
    Any other ideas?

    all the best / Björn
     
  2. agraham

    agraham Expert Licensed User

    Are you sure that you have the device version of System.Data.SQLite.DLL on your device and not the desktop version? They are difficult to tell apart.
     
  3. BjornF

    BjornF Active Member Licensed User

    When I grow old I am going to write the thickest book there is and I will call it "Mistakes I have made". :sign0161:

    Thank you Andrew, this was indeed the problem :signOops:

    all the best / Björn
     
  4. Erel

    Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

    Note that when you compile a program, Basic4ppc will automatically copy the required dll into the target folder (based on the compilation platform). So you can compile to a new clean folder and then see which files are required on the device.
     
  5. BjornF

    BjornF Active Member Licensed User

    Dear Erel,

    That is true, but I first compiled the program for the Pc and then for the PPC into the same folder. In this case it seems that the first system.data.sqlite.dll (i.e. the one for the Pc) is not overwritten, but remains (perhaps this should be mentioned somewhere? or am I the only one doing this :)?). Since the names of the two dll's is the same there is no easy way to determine which one you are left with (except to look at their sizes) - something that I therefore forgot to do. As you say, compiling them into separate empty folders will get rid of that problem.

    All the best / Björn
     
  6. Erel

    Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

    The desktop and device SQL native files will have a different name in the next version, so it will solve this problem.
     
Loading...
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice