Problem with SQL in WM6.1

BjornF

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear All,

I have recently moved to a new device with WM6.1 Professional (HTC Diamond2). When I have tried to move my programs to the device most of them work ok, but whenever I use SQL I get the following error message:
File or assembly name 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.40.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1FDB50B1B62B4C84', or one of its dependencies, was not found.

The file is however present in the same folder as the program so that isn't the problem.

I have the same problem with various of my programs. I have recompiled them, but the problem is still there :BangHead:

I have CF3.5 installed, might that be a problem?
Any other ideas?

all the best / Björn

BjornF

Licensed User
Longtime User
When I grow old I am going to write the thickest book there is and I will call it "Mistakes I have made". :sign0161:

Thank you Andrew, this was indeed the problem :signOops:

all the best / Björn

BjornF

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear Erel,

That is true, but I first compiled the program for the Pc and then for the PPC into the same folder. In this case it seems that the first system.data.sqlite.dll (i.e. the one for the Pc) is not overwritten, but remains (perhaps this should be mentioned somewhere? or am I the only one doing this :)?). Since the names of the two dll's is the same there is no easy way to determine which one you are left with (except to look at their sizes) - something that I therefore forgot to do. As you say, compiling them into separate empty folders will get rid of that problem.

All the best / Björn