Android Question Problems with ProgressDialog

davemorris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Guys
I am using a progressDialog (which is shown whilst my app is accessing the Internet to download data), however if I click on the screen during this download operation the progressDialog disappears. I can't find any complete documentation about progressDialog but the popup which appears when you type something like "ProgressDialogShow" states that the dialog is removed when you press the backbutton, and not mention of clicking on the screen.

Can anyone help (or just point me in the right direction to find the complete documentation).

Regards
Dave

davemorris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
It does work, but I think I have discovered a problem. Using progressdialogshow2() with the Cancellable set to false does prevent clicking on screen removing the progress dialog - however, the backbutton is disabled (as documented).

The problem for me is the backbutton is useful to cancel the download operation. I was concerned about the user accidentally touching the screen during the downloading process, which hides the progress dialog hides (but the download process continues.) So in the case of a long download - the user, without the progress dialog, is simply unaware of what is happening.

Any suggestions?

Regards
Dave

Upvote 0

davemorris

Licensed User
Longtime User
HI
Thanks Erel - I will give B4XDialog a try.

But it is my opinion that the progressdialogshow should not be cancelled/hidden when a user simply touches the screen. And also the Back button is a great method to abort a long process and is therefore necessary.

I also think there is a similar problem with the B4X MsgboxAsync() - But I need to do some investigation and obviously start another thread.

regards
Dave

Upvote 0