Android Question Process has died

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by EvgenyB4A, Feb 25, 2015.

1. EvgenyB4A

EvgenyB4A Active Member Licensed User

I need my application run 24/7.
    But after some hours of running (4,5 or 6 hours) the application fails without any runtime error. I attach the unfiltered log.
    Please help to find out any hint to the reason of app death.
    The keyword to find in text: has died

Attached Files:

2. DonManfred

DonManfred Expert Licensed User

wrong

for example:
    and also

i did not look further....

3. eps

eps Well-Known Member Licensed User

Is this an Activity or a Service? Please can you provide a little more detail about what you're trying to achieve and how you're trying to achieve this please.

4. EvgenyB4A

After first exception there were 20 minutes and after the second it was about 2 minutes. May those cause to process die?

5. EvgenyB4A

This is an Activity. It displays the panel with images. Each 65 sec the app send HTTP request to our server to inform the app lives.

6. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

EvgenyB4A likes this.
  7. EvgenyB4A

Usually I use the similar solution. I have a watchdog app that is installed as homescreen(launcher). Its service(not foreground) has UDP socket that receives packets from main app UDP socket every 1 second. If the packets will not arrive during 10 seconds the watchdog service restart all the Android.
    Is it correct enough?

For now I uninstalled the watchdog to test where and why my main app crash.

8. Erel

It must be a foreground service for it to work properly. You can also add a call to StartServiceAt to schedule it to start every hour.

The UDP solution sounds good.

9. EvgenyB4A

There are many warning messages in the attached log like: "Skipped xx frames! The application may be doing too much work on its main thread."
    Is this something to pay special attention and need to care?

10. Erel

If these messages always happen before the process dies then yes. Otherwise you can ignore those messages.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice