B4J Question Process to setup B4j for B4JPackager11

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,

I'm reading the steps to setup B4j and while it works my problem starts with B4JBuilder11.

I am seeing text saying you must use Java11 and so does the code in the B4Jpackager11 command script version so thats cool. When I install jdk11 and install in c:\java11 and change the config path in b4j to same I get the following error

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: b4j/example/main has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 53.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0

Do I need a new Java library for B4j?

Now assuming I get past this and compile/run/create the .jar. The resultant B4Jpackager11.jar in ../Objects is the one I can use with the command script way of creating the installer?
BTW where is the installer temp folder created?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
When I install jdk11 and install in c:\java11 and change the config path in b4j to same I get the following error
You don't need to install anything. Just download and unpack it. You must use the Java package downloaded from https://www.b4x.com/b4j.html (it is the same as the one in B4A page).

Make sure to configure the IDE to use that Java under Tools - Configure Paths.

Upvote 0