B4J Question Project throws error when under release & MergeLibraries: True

tchart

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ive got a wrapped library of neo4j that Im running in embedded mode.

The project runs fine under debug and also runs fine under release when MergeLibraries is False

If I compile/run as release with MergeLibraries: True then it throws an error.

Is the same problem as described here; https://community.neo4j.com/t/no-association-with-setting-unsupported-dbms-lucene-ephemeral/14413

And according to this thread it is because of overlapping resources; https://stackoverflow.com/questions...entexception-config-has-no-association-with-s

In that thread he mentions removing "maven-assembly-plugin" but Im guessing as all downloadable binaries are built using Maven that this isnt something I can fix unless I build the whole project myself?

Q1. Does anyone know whether its possible to resolve this issue? Perhaps ignoring a class in the SLC config?

Q2. Alternatively if I dont merges libraries is it possible to use a sub-folder to store the jar files? ie can I keep the neo4j libs in a libs subfolder for the release build? There are 159 jar files so I dont want to have these in the same folder as my jar.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Alternatively if I dont merges libraries is it possible to use a sub-folder to store the jar files? ie can I keep the neo4j libs in a libs subfolder for the release build? There are 159 jar files so I dont want to have these in the same folder as my jar.
They must be in the the libs folder.

Such issues are usually related to META-INF resources. Leaving the libraries unmerged is a good solution.

Upvote 0

tchart

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks @Erel I agree, it was the META-INF resources as the library appears to store some config in there. I got orientdb (another Java graph database) working fine with merge libraries but I've decided to test another approach (both neo4j and orientdb have a fair bit of overhead).

Upvote 0