B4J Question Proper Way To Switch Between Login/Register Screens

cklester

Licensed User
I've got a B4J app where I'm allowing a user to switch between a login screen and a registration window. I'm using two windows for this, but I suspect I should be using one, and just making one set of views hide while showing the other when switching, and vice versa.

Does anybody have experience with this particular issue, and how do you go about making it function with just one window?

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That's a good question... Many ways to skin this cat...
In my mind - they are essentially the same thing... yet registration (sigup) requires more detail...

In one of my apps, I allow the user to "sign up" in the public web page - provide all details.
When they do - and provide a valid email address, I send them a registration code.

Then when they go to login the first time, I unhide - the registration number input box and ask them to supply it.

If all is good, username and password is all that is required on all other attempts.

All required info is acquired on the initial registration (sign up) form...

Hey, works for me...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I normally use different layouts. It is easier than hide or show the views one by one.
Layouts (pages) are a little bit more difficult in ABMaterial. That is why I chose a show / hide method (same page)...
It is all a matter of what you are comfortable with - and works consistently..

Upvote 0

cklester

Licensed User
I was thinking different layouts would be most efficient, and I currently have those (obviously, as I'm loading them to two different windows). The other way, then, is to load the first layout. When they want to switch, RemoveAllViews, then load the other layout.

I'll see what I can do with that.

Thanks, y'all!

Upvote 0