Android Question Protect your APP on Market

Fabri

Licensed User
Hello,
I followed several tutorial for to be sure that APP could be used only from the regular buyer from Play Store. Is there anyone that has solved and could help me? What happen if I change these characteristics to an already published application?
Thanks!

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Implement inappbilling in your app.

Upvote 0

Fabri

Licensed User
Are you sure this is the procedure for non-consumable app on market? I'm not able to improve my app in that way. Is there any example for non expert like me?

Upvote 0

johndb

Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you sure this is the procedure for non-consumable app on market? I'm not able to improve my app in that way. Is there any example for non expert like me?
I'm unclear as what you mean by "improve my app". The link that @DonManfred offered is the procedure for "in-app" billing whether in-app item is consumable or not.
For Trial to Premium upgrades for example, you don't consume the product as that will force the user to purchase the product again otherwise the same in-app process still applies.

Another link that may be useful: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...chase-tutorial-source-code.63681/#post-402652

Upvote 0

Fabri

Licensed User
@johndb
Simply I'd like to know a procedure to block unauthorized installations of the app. Only the real buyer should be authorized. Exist it?

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If it's for a purchase (paid for app) then Manfred suggestion is 100% correct, use in-app billing.
On the other hand if it's for all apps including regular apps with no in-app billing, then you should try the licensing library. With the licensing library all apps should only be run on a device if it's been downloaded from the play store and is directly linked to the the users account.

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...application-with-the-licensing-library.11429/

Enjoy...

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
On the other hand if it's for all apps including regular apps with no in-app billing, then you should try the licensing library.
i was not aware of this Library.
But it does not matter i think.

In my understanding

I followed several tutorial for to be sure that APP could be used only from the regular buyer from Play Store.
he is asking about PAID Apps. This is why i suggested to implement InAppBilling in #2.

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You are 100% correct @DonManfred, he did say paid apps.

But just incase he has other apps that were not paid apps but still only wants them to be downloaded from the play store only, then this is also a great library for that too, I know because I use it for all my play store apps, including paid apps. It just verifies that the app was downloaded from the play store and if it's not connected to the accounts the app just closes within a second of it being run, no internet needed after the first verification.

Upvote 0