Android Question Publishing status: Rejected

Alberto Michelis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all. My app sends SMS and I don know how to repair this error...
Ive tried everything and I allways get this reject and Google does not help...
Any idea?
Im in trouble.
Thanks

Publishing Status
Publishing status: Rejected​
After review, your app has been rejected and wasn't published due to a policy violation. If you submitted an update, the previous version of your app is still available on Google Play.​
Issue: Violation of Permissions policy​
After reviewing your app, we found that it doesn’t qualify to use the requested permissions for the following reason(s):
  • Requested permissions do not match core functionality of the app
    You declared Select Carrier Services, SMS Cell Broadcast as the core functionality of your app. However, after review, we found that your app does not match the declared use case(s). Learn more about permitted uses and exceptions.
    Please either:
    • Make changes to your app so that it meets the requirements of the declared core functionality or,
    Select a use case that matches your app’s functionality

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What exactly does your app do? (please provide a VERY detailed description)

If your app is not designed to replace the built-in SMS app of a user's phone and offer the same functionality as the built-in SMS app, then that's why it was rejected.

Google will only allow an app to send an SMS message if that app is configured as the default SMS message app on the user's device. If your app doesn't replace the user's main SMS app, then your app will not be allowed to send SMS.

So it looks like they rejected your app because your app didn't appear to offer all the functions of a typical SMS app (send and receive SMS/list message threads, etc).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alberto Michelis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your response!
Im using
B4X:
    Dim Sms1 As PhoneSms
    Sms1.Send(atels,amens)
but I realized that in another app, thats ok Im using:
B4X:
    Dim In As Intent
    In.Initialize(In.ACTION_VIEW, "sms:" & atels)
    In.PutExtra("sms_body", mens )
    StartActivity(In)
Im trying to upload a new app using Intent.

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That is showing us the "code" of your app sending an SMS.

Please describe in English what your app "does" - describe your app like you would describe it in the playstore product page.

For example, does your app send and receive sms messages?

Upvote 0

Alberto Michelis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, it reads messages from an external database with the messages to send and send it using SMS and read the response to.

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
But does your app have ALL the functions of a typical sms messaging app?

Meaning, if a user REPLACED their SMS app and instead just use your app - will the user be able to do everything in your app that they would be able to do with a typical SMS app?

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The only way google will allow an app to "send" an SMS is if your app is the default sms app on the user's device.

So, google rejected your app because your app can not be used to replace a typical sms messaging app.

Upvote 0

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
To be honest: I don't want an app on my phone reading/sending SMS in the background (causing cost maybe). Most users neither. Fishing apps do the same and for that reason Google rejects it.

What about using a cheap server (1€ a month) to collect/handle data? Use FCM when you need to send messages between phones. A db on that server will help, too.

Upvote 0