iOS Question Question about Apple Developer account?

cougar

Licensed User
I'm planning to purchase B4i but I have a quick question. Is the $99 Apple Developer account in addition to the $99 purchase price for B4i or is this the same thing? Also, if it is a separate cost, is it necessary to have the Apple Developer Account in order to develop and test my app? In other words, is this something I can wait to pay for once I am ready to deploy my app to the Apple App Store or will I need it during the development process? As it is, I'm assuming I can purchase B4i for $99 and pay $26 for the Mac Builder service and be up and going for $125. Is that correct?

I believe I've found the answer to my question on the STORE page. Still, final clarification would be appreciated. I would hate to purchase and then find out I had to pay an additional $99 to Apple. The term "Apple Developer account" just makes it sound like this is an Apple specific fee.

Thanks. Looking forward to working with B4I!

susu

Licensed User
You need Apple Developer Account to deploy your app, even that is test app. This $99/year fee will be paid for Apple not Anywhere Software.

Indy

Licensed User
Hi Erel,

As susu wrote you need to an Apple Developer Account in order to develop with B4i.
Would I need this even to compile using your hosted solution? I was under the impression that I would just need to buy B4i with the hosted option to generate an ipa file which I could just install on to my jailbroken device. I'm somewhat confused with all this side of things, so if it's not too much trouble, could you please clarify what bits I need that are a minimum for me to produce an ipa file which I can deploy to a jailbroken device.

Please do not think that because I refer to a jailbroken device that I am discussing piracy. I just want to convert and demo my Android app on an iOS device but without incurring the extra cost for the Apple developer registration for now because I don't know how well my app will convert from B4A to B4i. If my conversion worksout well and both version are pretty much identical, then I can begin the process of developer registration with Apple know full well no money wasted.

Thank you.

Indy

Licensed User
It doesn't matter whether you use the hosted builder or a local builder. I do not know whether it works with jailbroken devices. I have tried it.
Ok, fair enough. But will I have access to the ipa file created by the hosted service? I watched on of your videos on how the hosted solution works and it showed that you have to click on a link within Safari on the device so the file can be installed. Couldn't see anywhere in there where it offered a download option instead.

FYI - I've been doing some reasearch since my post and it appears that I might be able to install an ipa file on a jailbroken device, so it looks like I might get away with it and, it means I get an excuse to buy B4i Enterprise at the discounted rate.;)

Thanks