Question about SIP

HARRY

Licensed User
Longtime User
In a program I use SIP for input from time to time. In fact, I do not have space available for the 'keyboard'. In Word Mobile the SIP panel is minimized when you click on the SIP symbol and is maximized when you click again. In Basic4PPC the SIP disappears totally when you click on the symbol and the user cannot get it back. Does a possibility exist to have SIP react in Basic4PPC as it does in Word Mobile?

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi HARRY,

I have tried several basic4ppc applications but on my WM5 device there is no problem of getting the SIP back when minimized before.

What device are you using? Have you tried to verify this effect on the device emulator?

specci48

HARRY

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Specci48,

I use a P350 of MIO. The problem is that there is nothing visible to click upon to get the full 'keyboard' again, everything has disappeared.

What do you mean with Device Emulator??

Harry

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Specci48,
I use a P350 of MIO. The problem is that there is nothing visible to click upon to get the full 'keyboard' again, everything has disappeared.
I'm sorry but I can't verify this behavior on my HP rx1950 :sign0013:

What do you mean with Device Emulator??
This:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C62D54A5-183A-4A1E-A7E2-CC500ED1F19A&displaylang=en

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=dd567053-f231-4a64-a648-fea5e7061303&displaylang=en

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A6F6ADAF-12E3-4B2F-A394-356E2C2FB114&displaylang=en

specci48

willisgt

Licensed User
I have noticed the same behavior on my device. Up until now, I attributed it to that fact that I beat the snot out of this poor thing on a daily basis and figured it probably just needed a reboot.

Maybe we have a problem here?

Gary

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you use any Forms in full screen mode?
Is the problem that the whole task bar disappears or just the SIP icon?

As a work-a-round you could add your own button on a different part of the screen that simply toggles the SIP via your program.

Regards,
RandomCoder

HARRY

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

It happens both in the compiled program as in the Device IDE, but only when I have hidden the menu bar.

Harry

HARRY

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

When the menu bar is hidden, I still can get the SIP on the screen using in the start of my program the statement SIP (true). That is what I did, because I didn't need a menu bar.

Using that statement you get a small icon with the keyboard above. Clicking on the icon everything disappears - keyboard and icon, whereas in Word Mobile only the keyboard disappears (freeing space) and you can recall it, by clicking on the icon again. But Word Mobile uses a menu bar.

By moving some control I have created space for the menu bar, so it is no longer a real problem. Using that menu bar I can hide and recall the keyboard itself at will.

May be, it would be more straight if the statement SIP only works when there is a menu bar, or a hint in the Help file.

Harry