Android Question [QUESTION] Cast audio to Google Cast Devices

konradwalsh

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All

I read through every thread I can find with the search terms 'Cast' 'Chromecast' ' Google Cast' but cannot confirm for sure if it is possible to cast to a device.

My app plays pack a recorded MP3. Can I cast to a Google Cast device using a library or method for B4A?

Didier9

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is a feature of the operating system, not any particular app. This is actually the beauty of it, any app can do it :) I have used it (and my customers too) with my own apps.

Upvote 0

konradwalsh

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is a feature of the operating system, not any particular app. This is actually the beauty of it, any app can do it :) I have used it (and my customers too) with my own apps.

So from within your app, do you call an intent? How can I trigger it from with my app

Upvote 0

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As Erel mentioned above you will need a Cast library, but, I'm not sure such library exists.

Using an intent you can go as far as displaying the Connected Devices dashboard, see code below:
B4X:
Private i As Intent

i.Initialize("", "")
i.SetComponent("com.android.settings/.Settings$ConnectedDeviceDashboardActivity")

StartActivity(i)

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As it is V3 compliant.... I´ll check it as i´m interested in this too.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Not so good. I did a small first version of a wrapper but i failed building an example to use it.
I get not rid about the resources needed. Seems that we need to setup different styles but i´m not so good in this...

You can try it by yourself if you want. I´m stuck at this point

Attachments

• CastyV0.01.zip
    51.1 KB · Views: 257
  • CastyEx.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 239
  • res.Casty.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 229
  • res.Casty____.zip
    262.6 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Upvote 0