Android Question Question on Updated Library for Google Play Billing

Cliff McKibbin

Licensed User
I have just attempted to install the latest library from Erel for google play billing referenced in:

I looked at the instructions for updating an internal library and found where it was.
The older instructions said they were in the c:\program files (x86).
I copied into there, brought up B4A and the library was still 1.1. but the 'on line' entry said 5.0

At that point, I decided to re-install B4A. I did and it was of no help. I did notice, however, that the new icon was pointing to "program files', not the 'x86' version. I then looked in there and the google billingplaybilling.jar was dated in July. I copied the new library into that directory and now the program shows version 5.0/online 5.0.

I think I am all set on the new library. but my question is:

1. Do I need the x86 version of B4A. It might be the old 32 bit version and now we are on the 64 bit version.
2. Not a question, but the primary B4A software download should probably be updated with the new library.

This is a related question:
There is a new google requirement to allow users to cancel a subscription from within the app.
I have always given them instructions to how to do it in the play store. The new policy says:

If you sell subscriptions in your app(s), you must ensure that your app(s) clearly disclose how a user can manage or cancel their subscription. You must also include in your app access to an easy-to-use, online method to cancel the subscription. In your app’s account settings (or equivalent page), you can satisfy this requirement by including:

A link to Google Play’s Subscription Center (for apps that use Google Play’s billing system); and/or
direct access to your cancellation process.

My questions on this are:
1. Would the use of the 'consume' referenced in the link above cancel the subscription?
2. If not, how are other people doing this?

Thanks, Cliff McKibbin

Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A is 64 bit now which means that it is installed by default under <drive>\Program Files\Anywhere Software\B4A.
This is also the place of the internal libraries folder.

2. Not a question, but the primary B4A software download should probably be updated with the new library.
It will be included in the next version of B4A.

My questions on this are:
1. Can I use the call to 'consume' referenced in the link above to cancel the subscription.
2. If not, how are other people doing this.
Base on the documentation you posted it will not be enough to call consume.

You need something like:
B4X:
Dim p As PhoneIntents
StartActivity(p.OpenBrowser("https://play.google.com/store/account/subscriptions"))

Upvote 0

Cliff McKibbin

Licensed User
The 'StartActivity' works quite well. It takes you directly to the Play Store and allows the user to cancel.
Developers can 'cancel' and test the response to the Subscription query and then use the same button to 'Resubscribe' and test that. It is all very slick.
Thanks.

Upvote 0