B4J Question Questions about the intelligent B4J IDE error detector

MegatenFreak

Licensed User
Hi.
I'm not sure what it's technically called, but my questions are about the system that immediately analyses structures and detects errors by underlining them in red, or purple in case of warnings. I'll just refer to it as intellisense here.
1. I installed B4J for a friend of mine, but on his computer this intellisense system wasn't working or wasn't active. But why? Does it depend on the JDK version?
2. I'm working on a rather large project. When I start B4J the intellisense is quite fast, but gradually it slows down and takes it a couple of second to detect errors and corrections. Is there a way to configure or disable the intellisense in B4J?
Thanks a lot in advance.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
For some strange reason you encounter issues that no one else encounters (https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4j-consuming-1-3gb-ram-and-slowing-down.122970/)

1. You don't need to anything to make the intellisense working. Maybe there is an error in the project. Try to run it.
2. This is related to the error linked above. Something is probably broken on your PC. I can keep the IDE working for weeks with large projects and it doesn't slow down.

Last edited:
Upvote 0