Questions Needed Answered (neilnapier)

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by neilnapier, Nov 26, 2007.

1. neilnapier

neilnapier Active Member Licensed User

I feel that I am unnecessarily creating many topics to ask small questions so I have decided to make this topic so that I can personally ask questions without creating a new topic each time. I feel that this is an effective method.

The first few questions i have to ask is...

1. Is their any way to get a program to read the resolution. SORTED

2. Is it possible to use writing in the forelayer (eg instead of having a curcular pen having the ability to click then type)

3. Would it be possible to get a file to be read (using the FileRead function) this statement:
    Code:
    Element Nature Plant 0 255 0 0 1 1 1 0 Clear 0 File img\Plant.bmp
    So that it creates a colour selectable using a image button with the picture Plant.bmp, using the pen colour as (0, 255, 0) and a couple of other things that once i know how to do them then I will undertand how to do.

4. Is there anyway to swap points that are created on the forelayer (eg a blue circle is created which then slowly falls down the forelayer)

5. To save part of the program (in my case the image inside a frame) as a bmp

6. i seem to get a fault that says
    When I click near the end of the programs edges. SORTED

That is about it... Oh!!! And the code I am using is here

Thanks for any questions that can be answered.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  2. dzt

dzt Active Member Licensed User

I disagree. It is more useful to another user a topic with a specific subject.

Here is a workaround for the first question. Except the attached .sbp file is needed the dzHW.DLL (PPC) and dzHWdekstop.DLL (PC) from here http://www.basic4ppc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=384. Page 2 post #15 (latest version)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  3. neilnapier

I could use that with my program so thanks... but why is there 4 resolution sizes on it... resolutions only have 2... eg 400*500.

It seems that the last two are the ones for desktop... is it the same with PPC?

EDIT: I used
    Code:
    Dim hWnd 
       hWnd    = dzhw.GetActiveWindowHandle

rect() = dzhw.GetWindowRect(hWnd)
       Resolution.Text (   
    "Resolution: " & rect.Right &    " x " & rect.Bottom,)
    It doesn't seem to work but I can't find anything wrong with it.

EDIT2: I have realised that it works with a msgBox but I need it to appear in a label... is there any way to do this?

EDIT3: SORTED IT MYSELF!!!!! Can anyone help with any of the other questions

EDIT4: sorted another.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  4. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

5. neilnapier

That doesn't work because you can't save the forelayer.

6. dzt

dzt Active Member Licensed User

Hi,

Actually Left, Top, Right and Bottom are points relative to screen.

Width = rect.Right-rect.Left
    Height = rect.Bottom-rect.Top

Code:
    Resolution.Text = "Resolution: " & rect.Right-rect.Left & " x " & rect.Bottom-rect.Top

7. neilnapier

oo hoo... I got it right! (Actually one word off)