QUIZ OF THE DAY!! - COME AND EARN SOME $$$

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you have 10 big buckets that are full with gold coins.
in evey bucket is a different amount of coins but all coins weight is the same

every coin weight 100g, in all 9 buckets the gold coins are real only in one bucket you got fake gold
the fake gold coin weight is 110g, now you have a weighbridge and you may put only ONCE anything you want on this weightbridge and you need to find the bucket with the fake gold coins.

how do you do it, you can USE ONLY ONCE the weightbride and find the bucket with the fake gold coins...

5$ from now - 20min (16:07)

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
Put all ten buckets on the weighbridge. Remove a bucket at a time. When the weight reduces by not(total/10), you have the fake.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Put all ten buckets on the weighbridge. Remove a bucket at a time. When the weight reduces by not(total/10), you have the fake.

no you may not put and remove you may only use it once and find the answer...

BTW: every bucket has a different amount of coins...

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
time is over... i will let you think about the answer another hour and will post the answer later (and keep the 5$ in my paypal account :))

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You are in a room with two doors. At each door there is a guard. One always tells the truth, the other one always lies but you don't know who tells the truth or who lies. Behind one door is a hungry lion that will eat you. The other door will lead you to freedom. Only the guards know behind which door the lion is.

You have only one question you can ask one of the guards and then you have to choose the right door.

Which question do you ask and which door do you choose?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You are in a room with two doors. At each door there is a guard. One always tells the truth, the other one always lies but you don't know who tells the truth or who lies. Behind one door is a hungry lion that will eat you. The other door will lead you to freedom. Only the guards know behind which door the lion is.

You have only one question you can ask one of the guards and then you have to choose the right door.

Which question do you ask and which door do you choose?

let me think?!!! o_O

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i think i got it

i would ask the guard: hallo mr. guard, if i would ask the lying guard what door to choose to go to freedem which door would he tell me to choose??

the truth talking guard would point to the lion door and the lying guard would also point me to the lion door so i choose the other door and go back to home need to work on my new b4i app :)

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i would ask the guard: hallo mr. guard, if i would ask the lying guard what door to choose to go to freedem which door would he tell me to choose??

Oh, not totally correct but very close.

If I ask the lying guard "if I would ask the lying guard ...", he would point me to the door without the lion.

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The correct question is:
"hello mr. guard, if i would ask the other guard what door to choose to go to freedem which door would he tell me to choose??"

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
"Mr Guard, is my wife ugly?"

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
pierre15.png

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you have 10 big buckets that are full with gold coins.
in evey bucket is a different amount of coins but all coins weight is the same

every coin weight 100g, in all 9 buckets the gold coins are real only in one bucket you got fake gold
the fake gold coin weight is 110g, now you have a weighbridge and you may put only ONCE anything you want on this weightbridge and you need to find the bucket with the fake gold coins.

how do you do it, you can USE ONLY ONCE the weightbride and find the bucket with the fake gold coins...

5$ from now - 20min (16:07)

the answer to this question is:

you take from the first bucket 1 coin
from the second 2 coins
from the 3th 3 coins

then you put everything in an empty bucket and then on the scale

because the real gold coin weight is 100g and the fake is 110 gram you should get at least 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10=55 * 100g = 5500 gram

now if you have 5510 that means that the first bucket is fake because only 1 coin had 10g more but if you get 5520 gram on the scale that means the fake gold is in bucket number 2 because you took from their 2 coins that means 20g more (2*110=220)...

so what you do is: calculate the weight -5500 and what is left will lead you to the fake bucket !!

coins.png

Last edited:

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
Average the three numbers to get the 4th