B4A Library Radaee PDFviewer

For all who are interested in the radaeePDF Reader.

The good thing on this this library runns on Android 2.2+
The bad thing, the price is high (600€+) for one App because the License is tied to the package ID

I had some trouble to find out how to activate the License, because the guys at Radaee have some problems to explain their product to future customers :rolleyes:

There is the free Wrapper at:
https://github.com/gearit/RadaeePDF-B4A

You need Eclipse for this to work. (Or another way to compile JARs)

After downloading and extracting of the wrapper you should import the project in Eclipse.
Import->Genral-> Existing Project into Workspace

Then you have to edit the Global.java at
RadaeePDF-B4A-master\Source\Wrapper\RSPDFViewer\src\com\radaee\pdf
Around Line 527 you find a block of commented lines:
Depending on your License (Standard, Professional, Premium) you need to UnComment the right lines.

boolean succeeded = activeStandard(act, "YourCompany",
"YourEmail", "YOUR-EXPENSIVE-LICENSE-KEY-00000-00000");

Save and Export as .jar

The jar File will be about 5MB. You can overwrite the existing one in the "RadaeePDF-B4A-master\Libraries" Folder.

Drop the 3 Files:
PDFViewer.jar
PDFViewer.xml
pdfviewer_native.jar

into your B4A Additional Libraries Folder and you are ready.

Thats all ;)
A little bit annoying but working.
I have no clue why Radaee cannot have an knowledge base article about it on their Website...

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moosi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Editor as well.:)
Check http://www.radaeepdf.com/

Just to clarify a bit more. I needed a Reader that works on 4+, could handle large documents and save BMPs from a certain page. All solutions I found here were either slow, had huge problems with difficult PDF structures such as transparent images and vector graphics and/or had problems with the bitmap rendering.
So these guys have a good working but unfortunately ridiculous expensive solution.:cool:

Last edited:

cambopad

Licensed User
Longtime User
Around Line 527 you find a block of commented lines:
Depending on your License (Standard, Professional, Premium) you need to UnComment the right lines.

boolean succeeded = activeStandard(act, "YourCompany",
"YourEmail", "YOUR-EXPENSIVE-LICENSE-KEY-00000-00000");

Save and Export as .jar

Do you mean we can use it without a license? Or we can test it first? Is that a trial version of the library?

Moosi

Licensed User
Longtime User
you can use it without license in Demo Mode. You get a Watermark on the PDF, that´s all.