B4A Library UsbSerial library 2.0 - supports more devices

Discussion in 'Additional libraries, classes and official updates' started by agraham, Apr 9, 2013.

1. drponciano

drponciano Member Licensed User

Well, well, well. I have worked with the 1 sec. delay (8000 byte packets) with my devices for a while. Not that I like it but... it works with Nexus Phones and tablets, Motorola, LG, Alcatel phones, HP tablets, Acer, and so on with same results. A few weeks ago I got a Samsung S7 phone. With that phone the serial transmission is SLOW, SLOW, SLOW using the same program and parameters. Any idea what is goimg on with this USB Libraries?

2. rtek1000

rtek1000 Active Member Licensed User

Well, I do not have much to add, recently I asked Samsung's support how to make the SD card work as an internal storage and they did not respond to me, they just changed the wizard until the connection ended and no one knew how to do it .

S7 have some related problems on the internet, such as slow battery charging, USB file transfer and other.

Have you tried using a USB stick to check if the USB host works well?

drponciano likes this.
  3. drponciano

drponciano Member Licensed User

Yes, the OTG addapter is working OK. Using the FTDI UART Terminal y see my data coming fast but not so with my program.

4. rtek1000

Hi,

Demo not work:
    UsbSerialDemo.b4a and b4a v7 returns error (see image please)
    usb array.jpg

Code:
    If usb1.UsbPresent(1) = usb1.USB_NONE Then    ' Ver_2.4

5. rtek1000

Solved thank you! (need close and open b4a, after replace lib)

f0raster0 likes this.
  6. Emiliano Cejas

Emiliano Cejas Member Licensed User

Hi! demo is not working. I use b4a version 3.82.

It opens the app, then i click on "Start 1" and ask for permision, click ok (grant permission)... then nothing happens.

If i click again on "Start 1", then it displays info about the adapter (FT230). but then nothing happens, it doesnt receive anything (the device over serial is sending info). And it doesnt enable the "stop 1" and "send 1" buttons.

Do i have to do other steps with my b4a version?

thanks!

7. rtek1000

Can not you use the latest version?

8. Emiliano Cejas

latest version of b4a? i have to pay for the update.

9. Emiliano Cejas

update! tested demo with another USB-SERIAL cable that uses the FT232 instead of FT230 and it works. Could you add support for FT230 chip?

thanks

10. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Both this native library and felUsbSerial native library do not support FT230.

11. Blueforcer

Blueforcer Active Member Licensed User

12. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice