Android Question rapid debuger failed to connect to device

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by ArminKH, Jun 11, 2015.

1. ArminKH

ArminKH Well-Known Member

Hi when i want to run and compile my app and test that on my device on rapid debuger mode i recieve this error
    "An error occured.
    rapid debuger failed to connect to device,please try to run again"
    this issue is not just in new version
    I have this problem since b4a 3.5 to now
    Thank u

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Which version of B4A are you currently using?

3. ArminKH

And 5 beta

4. KMatle

KMatle Expert Licensed User

No issue of B4A for sure. Which device do you test on? Do all other modes work? Firewall? Router?

5. Erel

See my private message.

If the rapid debugger fails with a new project then it is most likely a firewall issue that prevents the rapid debugger engine to connect to the device or the IDE. You can enable IDE logs to see more information.

http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/posts/50478/

6. ArminKH

My device is huawei g610 u20 dual sim and my labtop is asus k55vd win8
    Many times ago on b4a 3 or 3.2 i have not any issue with rapid debuger with this pc and device

7. ArminKH

I dont know thats firewall issue or not but b4A's private and public check boxes are checked on firewall option

8. sorex

sorex Expert Licensed User

not 100% sure if it is related to this issue but I have this sometimes aswell.

doing tools -> clean up project solves it for me then.

9. ArminKH

@Erel
    This is the logs on /temp/log.exe

2033346 ExitCode: 0 Output: Error: optimizedDex receive: 33 OptimizedDexer exitCode=0 Optimized worked... Trying to connect to port: 59712 RD e: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: anywheresoftware/b4a/pc/RDebug$IRemote : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 RD e: at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) RD e: at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631) RD e: at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615) RD e: at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141) RD e: at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283) RD e: at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58) RD e: at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197) RD e: at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) RD e: at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190) RD e: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306) RD e: at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301) RD e: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247) RD e: at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) RD e: at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631) RD e: at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615) RD e: at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141) RD e: at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283) RD e: at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58) RD e: at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197) RD e: at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) RD e: at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190) RD e: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306) RD e: at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301) RD e: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247) RD e: Could not find the main class: b4a.example.main. Program will exit. RD e: Exception in thread "main" ExitCode: 1 Output: Error: LogCat process: 5136 OptimizedDexer exitCode=-1 dontWait=False

10. Erel

Update to Java 7 (Tools - Configure Paths). It will fix it.

11. ArminKH

Thank u.now worked :)

12. iCAB

iCAB Active Member Licensed User

Hi There

Rapid debugger failed to connect
    B4A ver 5.20
    Java updated to latest version 8
    Any ideas?

13. Erel

14. iCAB

Log file attached
    Thanks

Attached Files:

15. Erel

This is the device logs. You need to get the IDE logs (they will be created under C:\Temp).

16. iCAB

Any file name that I should be looking for?
    There is nothing being created under c:\Temp

17. Erel

18. iCAB

Please see attached

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      4.1 KB
      Views:
    Erel likes this.
  19. Erel

The problem is in the Java version. You need to go to Tools - Configure Paths and set the path to javac. Set it to javac in the Java 8 folder.

This is the relevant error: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: anywheresoftware/b4a/pc/RDebug$IRemote : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

20. iCAB

I did a search for javac.exe on my PC and I found 2 copies:
    1. C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_26\bin\javac.exe ( PATH1 )
    2. C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_45\bin\javac.exe ( PATH2 )

originally, "Configure Path" was pointing to PATH1, rapid debugger didn't work, legacy worked perfectly ok.
    I modified "Configure path" to point to PATH2, rapid debugger started working ok, however when i tried to compile another project that references google maps and google_play_services I started getting timeout during download ( whether I use legacy or rapid mode )
    This is the message: You can change the timeout value under Tools - IDE Options..
    When I changed the timeout from 30 seconds to 60 seconds I started getting this message: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
    I am attaching the log.

Thank you

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      3.7 KB
      Views: