Re-ordering Modules list?

rfresh

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is it possible to change the order of the Module listing in the lower right corner of the IDE? I have some Subs I'd like to move to the bottom of this list that I don't access very much.

Thanks...

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is it possible to change the order of the Module listing in the lower right corner of the IDE? I have some Subs I'd like to move to the bottom of this list that I don't access very much.

When I want to move such subs to the bottom of the list, I globally change the sub names to start with "z_", such as changing "MySub" to "z_MySub".

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
How about using
#Region ... #End Region

Lets you mark a block of code ( it starts with #region) and ends with (#End Region) that can be collapsed, uncollapsed or hidden.

Upvote 0

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
How about using
#Region ... #End Region

Lets you mark a block of code ( it starts with #region) and ends with (#End Region) that can be collapsed, uncollapsed or hidden.

You can also just click the "-" in front of the Sub name to hide it, but that does not move it to the bottom of the Modules tab as the OP is trying to do.

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I thought that when you minimize with the - sign, it minimizes it during that session and when you reopen the project, you have to do it all over again. Whereas, with the #REGION, it stays hidden. Please confirm or refute.

Upvote 0

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
I thought that when you minimize with the - sign, it minimizes it during that session and when you reopen the project, you have to do it all over again. Whereas, with the #REGION, it stays hidden. Please confirm or refute.

I think that depends on the size of the app. When I load a large app (thousands of lines), it comes up completely collapsed (as in Edit - Outlining - Collapse All) but on smaller apps, it doesn't do this.

But none of this has any effect on the order of listing in the Modules tab, which was the original question.

Upvote 0