Recipes For The Lazy Brain

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Let's keep things legal, guys!

When you really need to get some coding done and your brain just refuses to work, how do you stimulate your mental activity?
Here's what works for me:

Eggs because they're packed with protein, vitamins, amino-acids and healthy cholesterol that protects your brain cells.

My homemade energy drink, an ice-chilled espresso thrown into half-liter of cold lemonade (2 lemons) with a hint of mint. Vitamin C and caffeine! Add sugar for that extra energy kick.

Music and exercise, when combined it's almost guaranteed to improve your blood circulation.​

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, I shouldn't say but for me it is :

Redbull: to be able to code all night long and be fresh to put the children at school at 8 AM
Sex: to feel the greatest woman of the world in the eyes of someone who loves me
Spaghettis and beer: to have my full tank of carbohydrates

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For me this does the trick:
  • Trigger time: Load a few magazines, go to the range and have fun with the Glock and the AR-15
  • Skydiving: Go to the dropzone and jump until sunset.
  • Bottle of wine: A good Cabernet.
  • Sex: That would be nice, feel free to PM me

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well for me I do sometimes have huge motivational issues, the following sometimes works for me.
  • Wray and Nephew Rum (It's seriously strong stuff). Fall asleep and try again the following day
  • I might go out for a 10+ mile bike ride
  • Talk to my better half (She usually motivates me)
  • Watch a movie or listen to some music
  • Read new articles
  • Fall asleep in a nice hot bath
  • Go the pub with some friends then try again later
  • Last but not least. Go on a cooking spree
Points 1 and 2 are my favourite choices. When I can't concentrate on coding and nothing I try will work, I just completely give up for the day...

Last edited:

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I just remind myself with what I told the kids a few minutes ago that they should finish their homework.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…