Red LED and two buttons

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
A UNO with an ethernet sheild?
Yes.

Do you plan to support all the native Arduino libraries?
No. It is the same as with the other products. Any developer with C/C++ knowledge can write libraries. Over time there will be more and more libraries.

coslad

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel , I yet use arduino with its ide ,will it be a way to reuse the 'c' written library?

For arduino there are thousands of library, even mqtt library, it is a shame not have the possibility to use those inside B4R

Last edited:

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel for this great and timely product.
I think this addition to b4x studio is a must fir anyone planning to work in the new emerging field of ioT

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
Really neat! Hopefully B4R is cross platform ;)
(I really wish B4X was cross platform. If it was, you'd be on equal footing with Xojo/LiveCode/etc.)

Descartex

Licensed User
Longtime User
OMG!!!!
It has being a day of shit, until the notification with the video raised at my cell!!!
You are a F***g genious!!!!!
All my prayings were listened.

miker2069

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is very appealing. I've a big fan of Arduino and have implemented a lot of automation projects in my home (i.e., automated my blinds w/ an infrared remote control).

In the video, is the communication with the mobile totally over TCP/IP or is there some sort of serial connection? Really that was the most appealing part - the ability to integrate and interface an arduino with mobile apps.

I suspect this would be a lot easier that say b4i or b4a since there's no visual aspect to it.

I think what would be KILLER would be a b4r module that basically turns your Android or iOS device into a virtual shield - all the sensors totally available to your Arduino - OMG, drool :)

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
In the video, is the communication with the mobile totally over TCP/IP or is there some sort of serial connection?
It is a simple TCP/IP connection. The USB cable is only for power (and logging).

About ESP8266, it shouldn't be difficult to support all boards that are supported by the Arduino IDE. Can you post a link to a popular ESP8266 board that can be programmed with Arduino IDE?

inakigarm

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, there's a lot of ESP Modules (Wiki ESP modules / ESP modules); one of these (that I have) is the ESP-01 module:

The ESP-01 is the most popular version of the board. It has a printed antenna on-board and a header block for easy access to pin-outs.
  • ESP8266 chip.
  • 2 dedicated GPIOs.
  • Serial comms (or 2 additional GPIOs).
  • Pin connectors.
  • Arduino-compatible.
  • PWM, I2C, UART, OneWire.
  • On-board WiFi + printed antenna, 802.11 b/g/n, 360m range.
  • Able to become a wireless access point.
  • Lua firmware available.
  • Able to run a web server.
  • Dimensions: 24.75 x 14.5mm.
  • Power: 3.3v.

What makes the ESP8266 so powerfull is that you can use it like a WIFI shield for Arduino or as standalone device (you can program directly with Arduino IDE).
As the ESP8266 has a fixed number of digital GPIO pins (even analogic pins --> in ESP-01, two GPIO if you're using serial comms but for ex: Wemos D1 mini has 11 digital GPIO and a lot of shields), these can be connected directly to a relay switch, temperature sensor, etc.. and use the several libraries avalaible (mqtt, http, etc..) to interact with this sensors: a real IoT solution

I don't know if at first release, you can include support for the wifi shield and the standalone device but it could be a great solution for B4R and B4X integration

Last edited:

stari

Licensed User
Longtime User

Toley

Licensed User
Longtime User

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

miker2069

Licensed User
Longtime User
I hope to release a first 'alpha' version in a few weeks.
Wow :) well I can't wait!

I'm a huge Arudino fan. So much can be done with it. It will be very valuable to use regex, maps, lists, and objects in generally in that environment.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
It will be very valuable to use regex, maps, lists, and objects in generally in that environment.
There are very hard limits on what can be done in less than 2000 bytes of RAM.
There is no magic.

Regex is out of the question.
B4R will not use dynamic memory at all. I will post more information about this when B4R will be released. However it means that lists and maps will also won't be implemented, at least not in the first version.